By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Killzone 3 in Development

After Guerilla Games has made a great game (Killzone 2), they were busy with making DLC for the last game in the Killzone series. However we got earlier this week to hear that Guerrilla Games is busy with their next project. Today, the development of Killzone 3 more or less confirmed on the website gamekings.tv. The game kings were involved in a discussion about gaming. This was to place in Amsterdam, where it was met with the developers of the game studios in the Netherlands. During the presentation fresh practice Jan Bart (van Beek) is said instead of Killzone 2, Killzone 3. The Game Kings, it is clear that Killzone 3 in development.We also hope the editors! Anyone who does not want to be just another topgame play?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      

Source: http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=nl&ie=UTF-8&u=http://www.ps3hype.nl/nieuws/3558&sl=nl&tl=en&history_state0=&swap=1 

Tell me what you guys think. Hopefully Sony gets a better marketing person for this one.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              

DISCUSSSSSSSS

Around the Network

I'd like some better voice acting. Some of the characters aren't that bad but others *cough* Rico *cough* are annoying as hell.

this game just need to add local coop to be GOLD

dd if = /dev/brain | tail -f | grep games | nc -lnvvp 80

Hey Listen!

https://archive.org/details/kohina_radio_music_collection

Hopefully it won't take as long to make as KZ2. A co-op should definatley be incorperated.

This was a 'lock' I'd have thought.

Give me a better story, I don't mind annoying characters but do something with that trait, and give me more variety (don't show me a really cool looking combat vehicle, let me actually drive the thing) in mission content.

Offline coop would be nice - I know they claimed engine wasn't designed that way but I'm sure with the core engine in place now they should be able to get it in for 3.

While I actually liked the weighty controls, they might want to consider that its probable even more people prefer unrealistic, fast accuracy. I think IW summed it up nicely when they said they wanted combat to feel authentic but not be realistic.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Around the Network

Just use the KZ2 engine... obviously updated a bit, like the jump from Gears 1 to 2.

Start it right where KZ2 finishes, give co-op... and give us a Helghast campaign.

The gameplay and technology (Graphics, AI) and the multiplayer (classes, maps, clans) are fantastic and truly ground breaking.

However the single player campaign lacked a strong story and the character developments were not strong at all. It was difficult to empathize and identify with the lead character and the awful voice acting did not help.
Also missing was co-op on the single player campaign and local multi-player.

Its ironic that Killzone 2 got it right with the most difficult things and kind of slipped in providing the easier features.
Which leads me to think that the 3rd iteration will be the one where they will add a great story and co-op and all the other minor stuff that people want.

Its an awesome ground-breaking classic for sure (my all-time favorite FPS) but I am thinking that the 3rd iteration with the same technology and a great story will be the defining FPS of this generation.

For the story, I think its easy to make it awesome, just add a twist with a helghan campaign midway through the game ;)

It is better to die on one's feet

then live on one's knees

Yep, KZ3 preproduction probably started before KZ2 even shipped.

Tease.

Here is what I would want in the next KZ game

- make the controls more friendly...i didn't mind them, but the majority did, so if they tweaked that to be more like COD, or like halo, then it would be perfect

- the campaign was awesome, but it lacked 2 things: a good story, and character development...they should either introduce a new character or continue with sev and make him more interesting...a helghast campaign would be cool but that would be copying halo 2 :P

- have better voice acting and kill of rico PLEASE

- don't take 5 years to develop this game, instead just release it in 2011 by updating the graphics a bit

- have a splitscreen and co-op mode

- add vehicles to multiplayer

- more weapons, the original game only had like 15

- i would also like to be able to use the m82 rifle that we saw in the e3 2005 trailer, the one with the grenade launcher...the one we have now is cool, but the other one is so much cooler

thats my list, what would u guys want?

the two things I want are Co-op, more guns, more online modes.