By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Final Fantasy V DS?

I hope they do, as much as I want FFVI to be remade at long last. (Not counting the GBA version with the new translation and scaled down graphics and difficulty, which I already own.)

Final Fantasy V would be a great one to add some dialog to, flesh out the world(s) a bit in terms of detail, and the job system really is brilliant. Not to mention the combat is Active Time Battle, unlike FF III.

Also, FFVI would probably end up on the DS2 that way, and I think I'd rather see it with slightly less blocky character designs, as much as I loved FF IV DS.

Around the Network

Am I the only one who truly think Final Fantasy VII will be remade for the DS?

O-D-C said:

I highly doubt FFVII will come to the DS simply because SE wouldn't want to piss Sony off, but it may come to the next DS (I would love the next DS to get FFVI as a launch title and then eventually have VII VIII and IX remakes :)

Currently dreaming of: DKC4 or Sonic the Hedgehog 4 (classic 2D platformers) for WiiWare, Smash Bros. for DSi, New Super Mario World for DSi, a Wii remake or true sequel of Final Fantasy Tactics.

One down, hopefully more awesomeness to come.

O-D-C said:

How can it be remade on the DS?

That would hardly be an upgrade at all.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Steroid said:
I hope they skip 5 and go right to 6. The class system in 5 was cool, but that's about it.

Me too, I can't wait for a remake of 6, don't really care for 5.

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

Around the Network
SJGohan3972 said:
O-D-C said:

I highly doubt FFVII will come to the DS simply because SE wouldn't want to piss Sony off, but it may come to the next DS (I would love the next DS to get FFVI as a launch title and then eventually have VII VIII and IX remakes :)

I highly doubt that argument holds water considering they lost FFXIII as an exclusive. Having a game come to a Nintendo system over 10 years after it was on the PS1 is NOT GOING TO PISS SONY OFF.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

FF V DS won't be coming for awhile if at all. IV wasn't nearly as successful as III (probably because it had already been re-released on the GBA) and it's not likely V would do much better than IV.

You do not have the right to never be offended.

LordTheNightKnight said:
SJGohan3972 said:
O-D-C said:

I highly doubt that argument holds water considering they lost FFXIII as an exclusive. Having a game come to a Nintendo system over 10 years after it was on the PS1 is NOT GOING TO PISS SONY OFF.

That's not true at all. Capcom put Resident Evil on the DS, and Sony was outright livid at them because of it. I heard they even sent men in suits over to the Capcom offices and roughed some executives up. True story.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

c03n3nj0 said:
Steroid said:
I hope they skip 5 and go right to 6. The class system in 5 was cool, but that's about it.

Me too, I can't wait for a remake of 6, don't really care for 5.

Me Three!! But I would rather have it for the HD systems.  I would take a remake of 6 over any new Final Fantasy.  I was just listenign to the OST last night. Still impresses me!!

EMULATION is the past.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

I'm fine with a DS version, just don't turn all the characters into little midgets!

My collection of guides on GameFAQs: Read them here

My latest guide on GameFAQs, for Little King's Story! Read it here