By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - GTA Chinatown Wars announced for PSP - enhanced GFX and new missions

Lostplanet22 said:
Kenology said:

^ Games that I love that don't sell nearly as much as I'd like them too. Story of my gaming life.  There are even a couple of examples in my sig, so I have no idea where you're going with that one.

I have the same feeling with your reaction. 

I am saying their are a lot of games coming to PSP and then you answer with this:

"Unless all that support turns to sales, it won't really matter anyways."

Strange that I think that you care more about the sales?

Remember that big announcement Sony made about LBP, Assassin's Creed, Rock Band, and Hannah Montana being released in what's considered by some to be a PSP renaissance?  I never thought that would translate to sales.  Of course, this is Sony's hope.  I just don't think it's gonna make much of a difference.  But we'll see. 

For me personally, I won't play any of those games because I don't have a PSP.  I am interested in seeing what effect this all has on the market though.  So while, yes, I like seeing how games and systems perform in the market (hence my account at VGChartz), it's clearly not true that sales are a determining factor in whether or not I enjoy a game.  Hell, the fact that I was ranting and raving about Hybrid Heaven in another thread two days ago is a testament to that... unless, of course, I just happen to have the ability to see the future and knew we were gonna have this convo today and purposely lied about loving a game I really didn't because it sold like shit!

Around the Network
Kenology said:
Lostplanet22 said:
Kenology said:

^ Games that I love that don't sell nearly as much as I'd like them too. Story of my gaming life.  There are even a couple of examples in my sig, so I have no idea where you're going with that one.

I have the same feeling with your reaction. 

I am saying their are a lot of games coming to PSP and then you answer with this:

"Unless all that support turns to sales, it won't really matter anyways."

Strange that I think that you care more about the sales?

Remember that big announcement Sony made about LBP, Assassin's Creed, Rock Band, and Hannah Montana being released in what's considered by some to be a PSP renaissance?  I never thought that would translate to sales.  Of course, this is Sony's hope.  I just don't think it's gonna make much of a difference.  But we'll see. 

For me personally, I won't play any of those games because I don't have a PSP.  I am interested in seeing what effect this all has on the market though.  So while, yes, I like seeing how games and systems perform in the market (hence my account at VGChartz), it's clearly not true that sales are a determining factor in whether or not I enjoy a game.  Hell, the fact that I was ranting and raving about Hybrid Heaven in another thread two days ago is a testament to that... unless, of course, I just happen to have the ability to see the future and knew we were gonna have this convo today and purposely lied about loving a game I really didn't because it sold like shit!

That would be me. I said that, but I wasn't refering to those games.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

After "not making" pc version of GTA IV and "exclusive" DLC is anyone seriously suprised ?

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Soriku said:
outlawauron said:
Soriku said:
outlawauron said:
Soriku said:
Kenology said:
So what happens if this sells less than the DS version?

I dunno if the PSP userbase would support a top-down, 2D GTA in droves...

They should've really made it 3D, not like the DS can't do good 3D.

It can't. Especially a game like GTA. Every 3D GTA looks terrible because there is so much going on.

@ mai

But the comparison, due to sheer size of the DS install base versus PSP, shouldn't exist. The DS should demolish all.

It sure as hell can.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWr_V9qQeyY

Watch 1:45 and on and tell me that again.

And that 3D render of GTA looks plenty good.

These are HANDHELDS remember, not consoles.

A turn based RPG is nothing like GTA. The character models did look good, but the backgrounds were even blander than Final Fantasy IV's 3D.

And there is a reason why the PSP is more suited to a GTA, because it has the power to produce PS2-like graphics.

Who cares if an RPG isn't like GTA? Is that what we're talking about? No. We're talking about graphics and the DS can handle very good 3D graphics.

The backgrounds are only plain because they were designed that way to fit the battle. A GTA background would be different.

Yeah and all ps1 games would look like ps3 games if they weren't designed to look bland and have "bad" graphics. (not for the time ofcourse)

It's got nothing to do with the consoles power at all !

RIght.. Sarcasm incase you didn't notice..

Theres a huge difference between the psp and the ds and your video doesn't remove from that fact. It was designed to be able to run on the ds. I'm sure they'd used higer polygon models and more things going on if the system was capable of pushing that.

Check out my game about moles ^

Looks like sony is preparing digital downloads for PSP Go!.

Even though it's overpriced, it will still sell well because of it's sleek design.

Around the Network
luvtospooge said:
Looks like sony is preparing digital downloads for PSP Go!.

Even though it's overpriced, it will still sell well because of it's sleek design.

I'm definitely buying one at launch, it's just too sexy, it's like the gamers' Iphone in a way. This new game is great news for every PSP owner. The PSP looks really stellar right now with incoming gems like GT, LBP, GTA and MGS:PW... Incredible lineup, seriously...

As much I love the idea of having GTA China town wars on PSP. I would appreciated it more if it is a new GTA series not some port. I am fed up with ports but still happy nonetheless.