By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - GTA Chinatown Wars announced for PSP - enhanced GFX and new missions

Will be very interesting to see which version ends up selling more lifetime, wouldn't surprise me if it was the DS

Never argue with idiots
They bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience

Around the Network

great, i hope it's true

it deserves much more sales than what it got on the Ds, although Ds version will reach 1m for sure

also, PSP version will increase Ds version sales as well, so there's nothing wrong with it!

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Infamy79 said:
Will be very interesting to see which version ends up selling more lifetime, wouldn't surprise me if it was the DS

i agree with that

PSP version will probably make the game more popular and since Ds has huge userbase, Ds version will probably rise

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

I bet they wish they could go back in time and just release it on the PSP in the first place.

PullusPardus said:
nen-suer said:
@PullusPardus

i didn't know they made a lot of money from the ds version :P

didn't mean that, if they promised something they should keep their words on it.

they said "EXCLUSIVLY for DS , its going to open new relations ...blah blah blah"

and now they're back to their old money picking habits , they obviously did it with PS3 and now they did it with DS, and their lack of effort in the games are showing. they're not like they used to be.

This console loyalty nonsense is pretty ridiculous.  You should be happy as a gamer to see such a great game being rereleased with added missions, etc, for even more people to enjoy.

Around the Network

So does this mean it will be 3D or cell shading?

Hopefully they'll fix some of the games flaws, such as not being able to see that far ahead of you while driving at speed. The analog stick will be better for driving, too. Losing the touch screen mini-games is no big deal, only the car-jacking ones where worthwhile and even they should have been harder when trying to steal rare or expensive cars.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

Yeah sort of expected this. The DS version sold terribly, for a GTA game.

Legend11 said:
PullusPardus said:
nen-suer said:
@PullusPardus

i didn't know they made a lot of money from the ds version :P

didn't mean that, if they promised something they should keep their words on it.

they said "EXCLUSIVLY for DS , its going to open new relations ...blah blah blah"

and now they're back to their old money picking habits , they obviously did it with PS3 and now they did it with DS, and their lack of effort in the games are showing. they're not like they used to be.

This console loyalty nonsense is pretty ridiculous.  You should be happy as a gamer to see such a great game being rereleased with added missions, etc, for even more people to enjoy.

I do find it at least sorta crappy to see anybody/thing make a promise and break it. The action alone is worthy of condemnation, regardless of what fanboy you are.

I understand that companies are about profits, but if you're going to do that, you can't deny that you are indeed putting profits above trust and pacts. You can't have it both ways, if you're going to be a badass, you gotta say you're a badass instead of pretending to be a good boy.

Edit: In short, they lied, and while there are ambiguous cases where lying can be justified and considered the moral thing to do, in this case they unambiguously did an unapproval act.

stof said:
Get it PSP owners. It's the most fun GTA game ever made.

Get it DS owners too!

well according to your game collection it's the only GTA you have.

OT: sony is really pushing the PSP this year they are not even kidding. Kaz Hirai must traveled and sat down with every developer on the face of the planet to get that much good of a Software lineup