By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy 13 vs Tales of Graces

? VS ?

I don''t know, this site has a couple people who love tales game no matter what, but in the end, who knows , but sQUARE has more to prove.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network
Godot said:
Most people that will play both games will think Tales is better. Well, at least that's what I think. Tales of Symphonia and Abyss were both much better than FFX and FFXII in my opinion. As for the story, the story of both FFX and FFXII weren't anything special and were extremely predictable.

You'd go as far as to say "most"?

Also, you rag on FFX's story but don't say anything about ToS? I'll keep this spoiler free, haha.

@Shaodw- Lulz, well honestly i liked Legendias Anime Style it was charming imo, Vesperias looks like ... pokemon-ish but if the ps3 version is good (looks like it might be) then i'll try to get over it.

@g- no...just no... Lean more towards Code Geass and/or Black Cat and you have the winners. :D

@Xen- Jeez, im being barraged over anime styles? :P sweet.

Well, which will be more acclaimed, look prettier and have higher scores? That will be FF13. But which will be a better game underneath? Tales. At least, that's what I think will happen...

-dunno001

-On a quest for the truly perfect game; I don't think it exists...

Tales of Soriku >>> FFXIII

Actually, I would love to play either game. I can't wait.

FFXIII will get higher scores and sell better though.

...and for the people flaming Tales, you probably haven't played Vesperia all the way through, and thus, your opinion lacks enough vital information that any JRPG fan should take it with a grain of salt.

As for me, I think the FF series has always been a step above the Tales series, until Vesperia, which took the Tales series to the next level of quality. FFXIII will have to be as good or better than XII, in order to match that Tales entry, and you can take that one to the bank, gentlemen.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

@seraphic: Legendia is actually the "meh" one. Vesperia's style is terrific.

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
@da- lulz grass, arnt there some nature areas in XIII though?

As for punch out, yeah it was NES style, im 18 so never got a chance to play it but my uncle said it brings back memoris.

I thought it was okay, but boring as hell if alone, he also had wii-fit wii-sports and wii-music... hmmmm..... other then punch out thats about it... which is why i am sort of against a wii but... i dunno... Another M looks awesome.

And NO... There are sweet styles of anime... and lame ones... and Tales games... are lame. :D

you probably didn't play the title defense mode lol, I don't know about boring but it's annoyingly hard, the secret character was annoying too, but it brings satisfaction if you manage to beat everything because the game is not easy at all.

I guess you are not an Ah My Godess fan, ah well.

Is this a serious question? I'd pick FFXIII even if it wasn't obviously going to be better because Tales games are never released outside of Japan half the time, and it's even less likely to come to Europe.

ZenfoldorVGI said:

Tales of Soriku >>> FFXIII

Actually, I would love to play either game. I can't wait.

FFXIII will get higher scores and sell better though.

...and for the people flaming Tales, you probably haven't played Vesperia all the way through, and thus, your opinion lacks enough vital information that any JRPG fan should take it with a grain of salt.

As for me, I think the FF series has always been a step above the Tales series, until Vesperia, which took the Tales series to the next level of quality. FFXIII will have to be as good or better than XII, in order to match that Tales entry, and you can take that one to the bank, gentlemen.

FF XIII will not only match FF XII, but, as it looks now, will destroy Tales of Graces.

Xen said:
Legendia is actually the "meh" one. Vesperia's style is terrific.

bingo. For the record though...Symphonia and Legendia are the two worst Tales games in existence, imo.

The Tales of tiers go:

Uber God Tier:

Tales of vesperia

God Tier:

Nothing

High Tier:

Tales of the Abyss

Middle Tier:

Tales of Destiny

Tales of Eternia

low Tier:

Tales of the World: RM

Crap Tier:

Tales of Symphonia

Tales of legendia

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.