By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy 13 vs Tales of Graces

Godot said:
Most people that will play both games will think Tales is better. Well, at least that's what I think. Tales of Symphonia and Abyss were both much better than FFX and FFXII in my opinion. As for the story, the story of both FFX and FFXII weren't anything special and were extremely predictable.

WHAT!!!!!!!!!! Final Fantasy X's story was WAY better then Tales of Symphonia's story. In fact Symphonia's storyline is a rip off of FFX's story. Tales of the Abyss did have a awesome story but i don't think its better then FFX's either. Didn't like FF12 at all though.

Around the Network

Lord. g-value, That was simply cruel. FFXIII is massive, epic, has some of the best damn visuals out there, and an evolving combate system complete with top notch voice work. It will get the best reviews, the most sales, the highest of acclaims, and between people who play both games, they will choose Final Fantasy 13.

Regardless, I choose Tales of graces. Call me crazy, but thats just how much I love Tales games. Visuals be damned, it looks fine enough. Combat looks to be a refreshing new direction. Story will probably be Tales notsoepic style. Voice work could be either like Symphonia and sound like hurl, or Vesperia and be perfect. It'll get modest reviews, less -then-usual sales. No awards, no RPG of the year.

And yet, it'll kick more ass then most JRPGs released in its year. Damn straight.

For most people who will play both though...Final Fantasy 13 will undoubtly take home far more votes. And to be fair, by all normal standards it probably will be better then Graces.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Now that's not really a fair comparison, or is it?

@da- lulz grass, arnt there some nature areas in XIII though?

As for punch out, yeah it was NES style, im 18 so never got a chance to play it but my uncle said it brings back memoris.

I thought it was okay, but boring as hell if alone, he also had wii-fit wii-sports and wii-music... hmmmm..... other then punch out thats about it... which is why i am sort of against a wii but... i dunno... Another M looks awesome.

And NO... There are sweet styles of anime... and lame ones... and Tales games... are lame. :D

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:

And NO... There are sweet styles of anime... and lame ones... and Tales games... are lame. :D

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Around the Network
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
@da- lulz grass, arnt there some nature areas in XIII though?

As for punch out, yeah it was NES style, im 18 so never got a chance to play it but my uncle said it brings back memoris.

I thought it was okay, but boring as hell if alone, he also had wii-fit wii-sports and wii-music... hmmmm..... other then punch out thats about it... which is why i am sort of against a wii but... i dunno... Another M looks awesome.

Like This

Don't force me to slap you, seraphic. Lame? hell no.

Shadowblind said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:

LOL

Shadowblind said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:

My facial expression exactly.

@Xen

I think it's fair enough, they are different visual styles altogether, so it's more preference on that front, same with combat, story, nobody knows yet.