By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Ninja Blade is a fun game - reviews were wrong.... AGAIN!

Words Of Wisdom said:
Torillian said:
I don't think that you having fun with a game makes reviews wrong. They only slated it as below average according to meta. I've enjoyed tons of games that were below average, doesn't mean that reviews are wrong. Most games are fun, an average game is fun, so you having fun with a below average game is not a huge surprise.

As an example, I have fun with Super Sonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battle Cars, but that doesn't mean that the meta score or my own review score are wrong.

Most people don't care about that though.  They just want their opinions validated by reviewers.

Yeah, logically speaking I understand this, but I still fell compelled to defend the score in general even if I haven't reviewed the game myself.

Around the Network
Luney Tune said:
Ninja Blade is probably an excellent game for fans of interactive movies such as Dragon's Lair, Space Ace, Heavenly Sword, and God of War.

However fans of Devil May Cry and Ninja Gaiden will likely hate it with a passion. Ninja Blade is essentially a QTE fest that takes no skill to master at all, and has no real depth to it's combat engine. Some people love that kind of gameplay, others hate it.

Oh someone hasn't played it with QTE difficulty on hardest and normal fighting on hardest. Near the end when your fighting ' The Guy ' ( no names for the people who havent finished it ) there is a QTE that had me there for 45 mins. I pulled my hair out. Oh and I love NG2 and finished it on the hardest setting. And I still found NB a good game, and still fairly hard compared to the likes of GOW or DMC series.

OT: The QTE's are actually really bloody good. Make sure you put the QTE difficulty right up. The whole game becomes a challenge and the QTE's are acyually really intuitive when hard. From Software get thumbs up from me.

greenmedic88 said:
mysticD said:
It's $20.00 at Toys R Us they also have buy 1 get 2nd one for 20% off ... so I got it for $16.00 after buying Fallout 3 expansion pack.

I haven't open it yet though ....

It was already on the bargain shelf for under $30 at Target. Not a good sign for such a new game, mediocre reviews or not. Maybe most people figured this would be more like Ninja Gaiden II, which didn't exactly explode in sales either. I bought NGII and didn't spend much more than an hour playing it...

Is it the genre or the games themselves?

It's one of those game that should have been released at bargain price level $29.99 anyway.  It's hardly have any promotion and came out when there's were still so many other games to play from holidays (Not to mention Halo Wars).

I still have yet to open it though...

My personal scores.........................

Ninja Blade 79%

Ninja Gaiden II 91%

Ninja blade is a good game, the bosses are challenging and the moves are slick and smoothe, the only problem i see with it is that it's fairly short.

Now if only the sales would flow better. I couldn't agree with you more OP heck I have a Asian copy because I didn't want to wait for the American version to come out. Loved the action from start to finish it left me wanting more and if sales ever pick up maybe we will get more.

How our favorite systems are just like humans and sometimes have issues finding their special someone...

Xbox 360 wants to KinectPS3 wants to Move!  Why are both systems having such relationship problems?  The reason is they both become so infactuated with desire while watching the Wii as it waggles on by. They simply want what they can't have.

Official member of the Xbox 360 Squad