By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I've never seen any like that on this site... But on a couple of other sites I've encountered them. Yeah, very annoying, especially when they just redirect you to the main page and make you lose whatever you were doing (writing a message and losting all the text, clicking a link and ending up on the main page)... Is it like that here, too? Losing messages and all, I mean?

And of course the worst thing - not to me, mind you - is that the ones I've seen on other sites have been ridiculously badly designed and not functioning too well, so that I don't even remember what I've skipped. I'd call that inefficient advertising.

But again, never seen it on this site. Pretty weird actually, since a few people have seen it but some haven't.

Around the Network

i get them once in awhile. they really don't bother me

They seem to come in random bunches one week I get almost none and the next I get 10 in 10 mins...but there's much worse things...

Former something....

Strange. My worst experience was when I was on my Wii and I was trying to log in: I type in d21lew---"skip this ad"--type in d21lewis and begin to enter my password--"skip this ad". And both times, it erased my progress! Like you guys said, it doesn't happen often. But when the Skipper (I call him "Skipper") gets going, he's hard to stop.

I've never gotten one... Strage :S

4 ≈ One

Around the Network

I don't get them too often, but I do get them. I don't think it's ever happened to me when I was typing (maybe once or twice), but whenever I access a page and begin to look at it, the ad pops up and I have to reload the damn page. My computer is Windows 2000, so it's not the fastest piece of machinery on the planet, and that makes the Ad issue only worse.

I never get those. Use a decent browser, like Opera.

I use Firefox, and that's a decent browser. I don't think browsers matters to these ads.

I think you have malware that's causing them. It doesn't happen to me at all (that's with any, um, addons I have disabled).

I never get them from this site. Maybe its location dependant as a number of the people that say they get them are from the us.