By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox live GOLD: JUST $1 for a month

Microsoft offering Silver members one month of Xbox Live Gold for $1

No, Xbox Live Silver members, that's not a massive typo you're seeing on the dashboard's Spotlight channel. Microsoft really is offering one month of Gold membership for $1 to US users. Of course, it's a "limited-time offer" -- and when that month's up, you'll be automatically charged for the next 11 months of membership (which you can opt out of). The last time MS offered a deal on Gold membership was back in March, where Silver users were offered one year of the good stuff for $39.99, $10 off the regular price.

[Thanks, Sam!]

mM
Around the Network

I wouldn't enter my CC info on my 360. I hear to many horror stories of auto renewal and difficulty removing CC information.

Yet, today, America's leaders are reenacting every folly that brought these great powers [Russia, Germany, and Japan] to ruin -- from arrogance and hubris, to assertions of global hegemony, to imperial overstretch, to trumpeting new 'crusades,' to handing out war guarantees to regions and countries where Americans have never fought before. We are piling up the kind of commitments that produced the greatest disasters of the twentieth century.
 — Pat Buchanan – A Republic, Not an Empire

hummm thats a great deal
i wouldnt put my CC info either
but maybe i can try with one of those american express debit gift card of $25

Official Member of the Xbox 360 Squad 

Tyrannical said:
I wouldn't enter my CC info on my 360. I hear to many horror stories of auto renewal and difficulty removing CC information.

Heh, it's happening to me right now (they suspended my account, woop de doo!)... I owe them a bit of money for a service I'm not even using. Yay!

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

You can get Online Code for Xbox LIVE GOLD 12+1 month for $40 in like 10 minutes on Amazon. Don't have to worry about giving MS your CC info and no shipping cost.

Around the Network

it should have been free, cause if you can have a credit card on your xbox you can spend the full price.

Should be free, but I admidt I do pay. bullshit. had to buy a years worth because I was sick of the auto renew. My friends momn pays monthly without knowing it, thought she was only paying for 1 month. friend wont tell mom. greedy ass microsoft.

I hate it when I have to buy stuff online =/ One of the reasons I bought a PS3 was for free online, and because my dad absolutely hates buying anything for me with a credit card (he didn't even trust Sony when I asked him to buy Flower and Nobi Nobi boy with his credit card [me paying him in cash of course], until a good few minutes of bickering).

Since I only just turned 18, I don't have a credit card yet.

Great deal.

PSN is still cheaper...

Currently playing: MAG, Heavy Rain, Infamous

Getting Plat trophies for: Heavy Rain, Infamous, RE5,  Burnout and GOW collection once I get it.