By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox live GOLD: JUST $1 for a month

this may show ms that MAYBE it should be free

enough is enough, ive paid for three years of live now . . .

drop the price!

i kept paying for it, thinking, sooner or later itd be free ,so just pay till then. its 3 years now . . .

hence ps3 for mw 2 for me.

this is a step in the right direction tho. the direction of free.

Last year's game of the year turned out to be Silent Hill : Shattered Memories (online GOTY was COD 6).  This year's GOTY leader to me is Heavy Rain.

Wii Friend Code: 4094-4604-1880-6889

Around the Network

also at the guys talking credit cards and ms

dont ever give them that

use a prepaid visa, or buy points cards

when i took a 4 mojnth break from 360 i told them to stop my live. nope, i paid individual monthly, about 40 bucks to em. i still cant believe i didnt give up ms right then and there when i was screaming at some retard on their hotline about it, and she hung up on me, because i was rude, after i waited 30 minutes just to talk to her.

my blood is boiling again just thinking about it . . .

Last year's game of the year turned out to be Silent Hill : Shattered Memories (online GOTY was COD 6).  This year's GOTY leader to me is Heavy Rain.

Tyrannical said:
I wouldn't enter my CC info on my 360. I hear to many horror stories of auto renewal and difficulty removing CC information.

Same here. If you want to take it off they like block your CC forever too.

u no how sad that ios when people think thats a good deal. there used to be a "get 1 month free" then they trashed that.

Has anybody tried this? The comments on Joystiq seem to be saying you need to call Microsoft to stop the subscription. Sounds like a pain in the ass.

Eh, I suppose it's still worth the $1 deal. Will give me an incentive to get my ass back on the 360. Thanks for the info leo-j.

Around the Network

Combine this with the deal I got off buy.com for $32 year for Live It's a sweet deal. Honestly I try not to pay more the $30 though I did spend $32 this year. lol. Me and my wife both have XBox Live gold and two xboxs as is.

It's just that simple.

Tyrannical said:
I wouldn't enter my CC info on my 360. I hear to many horror stories of auto renewal and difficulty removing CC information.

No you don't want to do that either.  It's auto-renew and if you forgot to call them to disable it then it will charge whaterver card you put on and if you don't have fund to cover it then you will owe them money regardless.

It's like one of those auto payment type you set up with bank and are a bitch to remove (it's one of the crappy thing that MS really should stop doing but it's a typical practice for most subscription base type of thing.

If you want to do it just remember to call and have them removed auto-renwal.  (you can do it as soon as you sign up, but I heard it's a pain ...so if saving $2.50 is worth it to you then by all mean.

Pyramid Head said:
also at the guys talking credit cards and ms

dont ever give them that

use a prepaid visa, or buy points cards

when i took a 4 mojnth break from 360 i told them to stop my live. nope, i paid individual monthly, about 40 bucks to em. i still cant believe i didnt give up ms right then and there when i was screaming at some retard on their hotline about it, and she hung up on me, because i was rude, after i waited 30 minutes just to talk to her.

my blood is boiling again just thinking about it . . .

That's why you should read them fine print and remember to cancel thing that you no longer used.  They just do what you AGREE to in the contract.  I only used those subscription card, I buy them whenever I find good deal on the net so far I only paid around $30.00 buck a year for Live and it's been worth it for me.

My advice is don't be tempt by the $1.00 !! it's just PR gimmick.   You really only save a few bucks... not worth the hassle.  If you can't afford to pay $3-4 a month for Live then video game should really be the least of your concern...

^^^

oh dont worry after all the problems ive had credit card wise, red ring wise, and just in general the money spent on live . . .

im taking a break from live until gears of war 3 or so . . . maybe l4d 2

till then just wii and ps3 online for me

ms can eat my penis

I have had a good experience with Microsoft and Paid online (shock horror) I asked them to cancel my service and they did.