By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pikmin Franchise Over???(Do you think this gen will be the last of Pikmin)

There will be more pikmin games.

Around the Network

I loved pikmin but yeah I was among those that didn't feel the need to buy the npc versions but would most definitely buy a third

“When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life." - author unknown

I hope not, Pikmin is awesome!

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Pikmin have sell more than the predecesors

MY ZELDA COLLECTION

2.6 million is not their least selling, last 2 fire emblem for example  sold much less, also others....

NPC sold really good for rereleased games with no significant changes, and they are still selling....

i don't think it's the last, if it sells 1m or more it won't be the last for sure

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Around the Network

I don't think it will be the last. Maybe it doesn't sell as much as some of Nintendo's franchises, but it still sells pretty well and I really don't see why they would continue it.

My blog: TsalagiDragon on Wordpress

My online store: Tsalagi Dreams 

My Twitter: @Scary4Eva

If it sells anywhere near the sales of the first two installments, it is far away from being the last one in the franchise. The thread creator should note that 1 million copies sold is a success for almost all games.

And on another note, welcome mushroomboy5! Good first post.

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

No matter how Pikmin 3 does, it won't be the last in the series. Even if it bombs beyond belief, there will still be the eventual "Pikmin Trilogy" ala Metroid Prime.

Why wouldn't Nintendo go after extra sales like that?

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Pikmin is not one of the least selling franchises. That would be Fire Emblem.

It is just that Pikmin is not system seller material. Nintendo are focusing on System seller franchises, aka Mario, Zelda and maybe even Metroid.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: Reflex Edition FC 0025-4434-1221

MSG ME AS YOU ADD.

ash3336 said:
Pikmin is not one of the least selling franchises. That would be Fire Emblem.

It is just that Pikmin is not system seller material. Nintendo are focusing on System seller franchises, aka Mario, Zelda and maybe even Metroid.

Isn't that Advance Wars?

Proud member of the Fierce Fox Force

Proud member of the Mega Mario Movement

Proud member of the Badass Bowser Band