By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pikmin Franchise Over???(Do you think this gen will be the last of Pikmin)

You guys can't compare Pikmin to Fire Emblem because Pikmin is a EAD title (In-house) where as Fire Emblem is an Intelligent Systems game (first party but not in house)

EAD make Mario, Zelda, Wii Series, Mario Kart, Nintendogs, Brain Age which are generally the high selling, system sellers. Pikmin doesn't really fit in with that and so if the next game doesn't pick up in sales then I think it's safe to say it'll go the way of Starfox if it ever does get another game (outsourced)

Around the Network
puffy said:
You guys can't compare Pikmin to Fire Emblem because Pikmin is a EAD title (In-house) where as Fire Emblem is an Intelligent Systems game (first party but not in house)

EAD make Mario, Zelda, Wii Series, Mario Kart, Nintendogs, Brain Age which are generally the high selling, system sellers. Pikmin doesn't really fit in with that and so if the next game doesn't pick up in sales then I think it's safe to say it'll go the way of Starfox if it ever does get another game (outsourced)

Starfox was doing well before being outsourced.

Smashchu2 said:
puffy said:

Starfox was doing well before being outsourced.

Yeah it was, and I don't count Starfox Adventures, because that was a completely different game before Nintendo forced Rare to integrate the Starfox license into the game... why I'll never know, because instead we could have had Dinosaur Planet as originally intended, and a GC version of a true Starfox game like everyone wanted in the first place.

Starfox assault was a joke, and Starfox Command on the DS, while a step in the right direction, still wasn't what people wanted.  Nintendo should just dig up the old code for Starfox 2 on the SNES and release it on WiiWare as a new game... will never happen, but I'd shit a rainbow if it did!

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.