By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How Halo killed the 360

Legend11 said:
URNotE said:
hopefully they have something past halo 3 thats considered AAA or will be AAA.. thats exclusive...

Umm Mass Effect in two months time...

ummm jury's still out on that game..

URNOTE Proud Owner of a 60GB PS3 Console (Purchased 12/22/06)

#1 reason MGS4 is PS3 exclusive  xbox is too loud for snake to sneak around
PSNTAG= Xander732

Around the Network
Girl Gamer Elite said:
The 360 and its games will always sell well but the real question is how big can the console's userbase really get with such a limited demographic of consumers?

It's a major problem for the 360. Action/adventure/shooter games are 15% of the world market, so Halo 3 was never going to decide the fate of the console market. Unfortunately, Microsoft's ad campaign made the situation worse, with clunkers like "Believe" and "Finish the Fight". They seem bent on convincing the planet that the 360 really is a boy toy for wannabe space Marines. Which is unfair to the 360, which has some fine games.

The deeper problem with Halo 3 is its timing. We live in an age when the vast majority of the citizens on this planet are pissed off at the US for invading and occupying Iraq on the basis of a pack of scoundrelous lies. Large numbers of people in Japan and the EU will not even consider buying a game which glorifies heroic US soldiers blowing up evil fundamentalist aliens. (Of course, Halo's story is really a WW II story of good vs evil, but this is what people will think.) This is why Sony was careful to package Killzone 2 as an explicit WW II story, and why Nintendo was careful to create such a rich sci-fi background story for Metroid 3.

It's funny how some people are trying to come up with the most ridiculous reasons for why Halo 3 could a bad thing for the 360.

Legend11 said:
It's funny how some people are trying to come up with the most ridiculous reasons for why Halo 3 could a bad thing for the 360.
 You totally missed the jist of it.

Read then think about it, read agian and think some more maybe you will get it. 

leo-j said:
It killed the 360 by having the worst online play of any game.

To quote Kyle's mother:

Wha-What-WHAT?!? 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network
leo-j said:
Gamerace said:
The biggest problem with the article, imo, is the assumption that having superior graphics will give the PS3 a win over the 360. Odd, since both the xbox and gamecube were graphically superior to the PS2, but it didn't help them.

In fact, never, in any generation of video games has the most powerful system won. So why would it help the PS3 now?

What consoles won? Playstation.

PLaystion 2.

Why shouldnt it help the ps3? Oh thats right, because being the most powerful console makes it lose.

No, being late to the war, coming in at $200 more than the competition, and not having any system-selling IP for the first 18 months of life should be enough to bury the PS3.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

You sony fanboys can say whatever you want, you can say this has better graphics on the ps3; the ps3 will crush competition and drink blood out of their skull after bashing them with a hammer; typical Sony brainwashed fanboy talk. But remember this, to think that MS already hit its cap is silly, first off, and you're entitled to think so, but the SPU in PS3 is alot harder to work with than the three general-purpose CPU in the 360. So yes, HUGE games like Killzone 2 will look beautiful, but every console only sees a few "Flagship" games, and for a long long time, Ps3 will not look better than 360. Secondly, stop comparing everything to gears of war. Gears of war looked like a dog turd that sat in the rain for 2 hours, it only had like...5 colors, and all of them were dark and poo colored. X360's GPU is way better than PS3; so is its memory. ALOT higher fillrate, and far more pixel and vertex processing power.

Also, if you want to go down the line of "X360 HAS REACHED ITS LIMIT LOL /SUPERSAIYAN SONY FANBOY KAMEHAMEHA", think about this. Ps2 came out in the year 2000, and if you want to use God of War for an example, that was released five years later. To say that X360 has reached its limit, yet Sony is going to be the SUPERIOR GAMING MACHINE AND IT'S GRAPHICS WILL BEAM THEMSELVES INTO YOUR EYEBALLS AND DANCE ON THE TOP OF YOUR BRAIN BCUZL ULZ THE GRAFFIX R SO GOOD", i hope you're prepared to be dissapointed, because any game that utilizes that SPU in the PS3 first off is going to be in development for years, and secondly, you won't see many games toned to even compare against the 360 for a long time.

Now go ahead and be a minion to Sony Entertainment and say you're going to gun microsoft down with your cunning linguistics, i expect my response to be "LULZ SHINJION UR A NUB PS3 OWNS K AN NINTENDO AND 360 SUX LOL GOD MAN LEARN WUT A REAL GAME IS GAWD". Oh and let's not forget, if we want to use a game like Halo as the indicator for the 360, let's remember how PS3 was for it's first 4 months of backwards compatibility; *cough*nocompatibilityandscaledgraphicsdownwithnoantialiasing*cough*.

Oh and one more thing; Ps3 was named the number 8 "Top Tech Screwups of 2006" by PC Magazine. Because it's an expensive piece of shit, and it's 4 million sales are a good indicator. And please note, i don't hate sony, but i hate ps3 because of all the numskulls who would pick up a Gat and blast a biotch who said "ps3 sucks", as i said in the beginning of this long rant; LETS SEE SOME COMMON SONY BRAINWASHED MINION FANBOYZ!

...Another thing...I HATE THIS LG BLU-RAY AD THING

@Shin

Very interesting post.

mM
d21lewis said:
While giving gamers several good games is never a bad idea, part of me does think that by the end of this year, ALL of the major consoles will have shot their load. Look back at every other console. Did Super NES games really evolve far beyond Super Mario World? Did later N64 games really blow Super Mario 64 and Wave Race out of the water? Did XBOX games go light years beyond Halo?

Generation after generation, new consoles put their best software out in the very beginning. This is it. This is what the new gen consoles are gonna be remembered for: Gears of War, Zelda, & Resistance. From this point until the end of this console cycle, it's gonna be evoloution, and not revoloution.

........and if you're reading ladies, d21 uses all his best tricks early on too. Awwwww yeaaaah! Giggidy giggidy.

yes,yoshi's island and star fox ,chrono trigger, bahamut lagoon for example.

yes, fzerox and sin and punishment ,banjo and kazooie,perferctdark for example.

I didn't play xbox...