By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rock Band Pricing Confirmed

Entroper said:

I know this will come with at least a guitar, drums, and a microphone, but does anybody know if it comes with a second (bass/rhythm) guitar?

Yes, a lead guitar and a bass guitar are included in the package, two total.

Around the Network
Dolla Dolla said:
Legend11 said:
It might do surprising sales considering the 360 version's is at #1 on Amazon's *snip*

next person to hit one of those with a bat is a dead man *click click*

I have a feeling this will sell better then GH3 even thought I saw the news reporting on GH3 which is strange.  

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Both games will do phenomenally well. Phenomenally. However the Music genre will completely collapse in two years time when Piccolo Hero releases to disastrous sales.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Guys let's break this down.

$60 game
$110 for a wireless guitar, mic, and a drum kit.

Wow. Suuuuuch a rip off.

/sacarsm.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

It's not a rip off but who's gonna wanna pay that much for that game?

Guitar hero has been successful because it was accessible and the game was relatively affordable.

This is not good for this game, it's not gonna work.

outlawauron The game should not be $60 game...

$170 is almost as much as a Wii... for ONE GAME!

Around the Network

If you can buy the game with one instrument for as much or less than GH with one guitar, I don't see the problem.

I guess the guitars from GH and RB are not compatible? A sort of open license would be cool, so you'd get cheaper/cooler clones.

It's not that bad of a price...but it's still a lot to pay to get the gaming experience.

Besides, I don't get why the game should cost $60 alone...I don't see why these games can't be more like $40 alone.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

I'm with shams and OriGin; I can't possibly see this being a huge seller. Nearly $200 for ONE game?! Didn't we learn that this doesn't work with Neo-Geo a decade ago? Plus you seem to need 3 or 4 people together to get full money's worth for this game; I'm not sure I see that happening.

If we've learned anything this generation, it's that price makes a difference. Right?

My Website

End of 2008 totals: Wii 42m, 360 24m, PS3 18.5m (made Jan. 4, 2008)

OriGin said:
It's not a rip off but who's gonna wanna pay that much for that game?

Guitar hero has been successful because it was accessible and the game was relatively affordable.

This is not good for this game, it's not gonna work.

outlawauron The game should not be $60 game...

$170 is almost as much as a Wii... for ONE GAME!

QFT

Not that I was that interested in getting this game, but $170 for one game is pretty steep. I shudder to think what the pricing is going to be in other region. I guess groups of people will buy it together, but that justs cuts the sales by a factor of 3 or 4 depending on the people. Oh well, hopefully the game sells well. 

"To love and to cherish, in sickness and in health, for as long you shall be resurrected from death in the church"