By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rock Band Pricing Confirmed

The official price point for Rock Band has been released. It's going to cost $170 for the Xbox 360 & PS3 versions (releasing on November 23rd). 

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=29120 

The Philidelphia was not an accident. It was a merciful bullet to the head of a malignant ideology. It was the death of fear and the birth of hope. Rejoice, children of Nod, the blood of your oppressors will flow and fifty years of tyranny will finally end. Transformation is coming. A new day will dawn. The future... is ours

Around the Network

Thanks for the info. The price turned out to be a bit lower than the predictions of $200. I wonder if there will be any mention soon of the individual component prices.

i'd just buy some real intruments and jam out and sound like shit.

ROFL

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

Note that the report also says that the PS2 version will be out 3 weeks later than the 360 version (confirmed by EA), and will cost $10 less.

Ouch - $170? Surely this has NO chance of selling through the roof now? Guess a group of 4 friends could buy it (together), then have fun.

I bet that GHIII outsells this by a mile.

(I shudder to think what the Australia price will be - $249AU probably. More than a DS, PS2 or PSP - and around 60% the price of a Wii!).

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

I think RockBand looks pretty cool, but $170....thats a really steep entry price considering so many people have Guitar Hero, and that a step up to GHIII isn't nearly as expensive as moving over to Rockband.

I think RockBand has the best shot of knocking GHIII down a peg or two, but it'll be incredibly tough against such a well established game franchise.

Vote for Ron Paul 2008

Only Anti-War and Anti-Taxes Republican

Freedom is a message everyone can embrace!

Around the Network

What is the individual pricing ?

I might only get the drum kit and go crazy wailing on it.

It might do surprising sales considering the 360 version's special edition preorders is at #1 on Amazon's bestsellers list and the PS3 version's special edition is at number 10. I know some people are going to roll their eyes at the mention of Amazon but it's still interesting to see it that high considering no other games coming out this Fall/Winter managed to move Halo 3 down in the last few weeks.

Legend11 said:
It might do surprising sales considering the 360 version's is at #1 on Amazon's *snip*

Give me flow or brain age or bejeweled before a guitar sim...and at 170...wow.

I'm irritated enough that GH3 will cost $90 for the Wii version. $170 is an awful lot to swallow, and I'm betting that the weekly downloadable content will come at a price as well.

It's worth pointing out that this is the version that comes with everything, but I still think that $170 is too much. We'll have to wait and see about pricing for the individual instruments.

I know this will come with at least a guitar, drums, and a microphone, but does anybody know if it comes with a second (bass/rhythm) guitar?