By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The rumors were true: Nintendo games can now play themselves!

imho it devalues the game. beating the game means less with this feature in place. So what if you have seen the end credits - that proves you got as much skill and problem solving abilites as a potted plant. Its cool for kids, but there's no shaking the kiddy image of Nintendo now. They arent even making games anymore, interactive art maybe? Games have a winner/loser and challenges that have to be overcome for rewards and to advance, this feature puts it on the level of a movie or some sort of leapfrog game.

Around the Network
Soriku said:
Xxain said:
Soriku said:
Xxain said:
Soriku said:
Xxain said:
Soriku said:
Vashyo said:
Xen said:
That's great, tbh. That gives Nintendo the leeway to make their games harder.

I doubt nintendo has made any hard games since gamecube :/

FE is supposed to be hard. TP is harder than TWW. SMG is pretty hard at times. And they've made a bunch of RPGs and such which all have their own set of difficulties.

So...what are you talking about?

Even casual games like Wii Sports can be hard. Try getting all platinum trophies...

ARE YOU KIDDEN ME!!!! ...TP is the easiest Zelda ive ever played, and sunshine was harder than Galaxy

No way about TP being easier than TWW. TP's dungeons are a lot more annoying (Lakebed Temple and City in the Sky suck balls), and some enemies are harder than in TWW (like Iron Knuckles for example. In TWW you face off against a ton of them and they're not too hard to beat. But then in TP they can be a nightmare in groups.)

Haven't played Sunshine though so I can't say about that but some SMG levels are really annoying.

The only challenge in TP was the last fight in the optional dungeon,....its al most impossible to die in TO unless you kill urself

TP fights are harder (I don't remember hard TWW fights) IMO but what about temples? TP temples are more annoying.

TP had Looooooooooong dungeon( FU water and sky Temple) but they weren't hard though...i thought they were a tad bit simpler

Well...I disagree :P

what do you mean hard???

noname2200 said:
theRepublic said:

Wouldn't this be a video system in effect?  People would watch the game do it, and then they would know what to do in the future.

Not really: it has the added benefit of being a video system as well, but where the video can only show you what to do (and then leave the actual execution to you) this service does it for you. I'd be okay if it was just a video service, and I'm sure plenty of folks will employ it as such. I'm just worried that for too many people, the urge to give in to laziness will overcome any desire for improving one's skills (especially when said skills are pretty worthless outside of gaming). I think the analogy I scribbled up in my last post sums up my thought process here.

Look, if it lets me share Mario with my mom....

mho it devalues the game. beating the game means less with this feature in place. So what if you have seen the end credits - that proves you got as much skill and problem solving abilites as a potted plant. Its cool for kids, but there's no shaking the kiddy image of Nintendo now. They arent even making games anymore, interactive art maybe? Games have a winner/loser and challenges that have to be overcome for rewards and to advance, this feature puts it on the level of a movie or some sort of leapfrog game.

Did You not read

It is optional

i agree with noname2200, sometimes i need to be forced into learning how to do something - there are parts of some games i've played that i'd have loved to skip, but i had to try them over and over again until i got the hang of it. then i was able to use the skills i learned at later points in the game.. and i feel proud of myself when i've done it

on the other hand tho, i could have done with this when i was playing OoT (damn that water temple, damn it to hell! lol)

a bit of a balanced opinion from me, so far i can see how this would benefit new/younger players. but i didn't become a level 4 Cloud Master at the age of 5 for nothin', you know. i played that game til my hands ached so i could compete with my dad. take away the challenge, and people become lazy. (again the same point noname made).

i also dont like how it says "without purchasing a strategy guide or resorting to websites that list cheat codes." Someone looking for a strategy guide doesnt need to purchase one, they're available online. And most of them don't have cheats per se, just the same info as an official strategy guide.

hmm.

Highwaystar101 said: trashleg said that if I didn't pay back the money she leant me, she would come round and break my legs... That's why people call her trashleg, because she trashes the legs of the people she loan sharks money to.
Around the Network

TP and WW were both very easy for Zelda games. In fact, the easiest ones in the franchise, IMHO, with PH being an exception - that one was very easy too.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

KylieDog said:
....is a difficulty select option too hard? Works for everyone else.

Still, I hope this is an excuse to ramp up the terrible lack of difficulty in most Nintendo games.

There's no way to add a difficulty setting to a Mario game without fundamentally changing the gameplay. Unless you just make the guy jump higher or something stupid like that.

"Now, a fun game should always be easy to understand - you should be able to take one look at it and know what you have to do straight away. It should be so well constructed that you can tell at a glance what your goal is and, even if you don’t succeed, you’ll blame yourself rather than the game. Moreover, the people standing around watching the game have also got to be able to enjoy it." - Shiggy

A Koopa's Revenge II gameplay video

Khuutra said:
noname2200 said:

Not really: it has the added benefit of being a video system as well, but where the video can only show you what to do (and then leave the actual execution to you) this service does it for you. I'd be okay if it was just a video service, and I'm sure plenty of folks will employ it as such. I'm just worried that for too many people, the urge to give in to laziness will overcome any desire for improving one's skills (especially when said skills are pretty worthless outside of gaming). I think the analogy I scribbled up in my last post sums up my thought process here.

Look, if it lets me share Mario with my mom....

Will it though? I understand what you're getting at, and if I thought things would work out that way I'd be all in favor of this. But what's most likely going to happen when you co-op with your mother? My guess: the two of you will have fun both playing NSMBWii for the first few levels, you'll hit a part she can't handle (and will auto-out of), you'll play the next few levels (save for the parts where she needs to use that skill again, one she hasn't developed due to using this feature) until she hits another, new obstable, which she'll auto-out around, and so on and so forth, until it gets to the point where the parts she can't handle are more numeroous than the parts she can, at which point she's just watching you play, rather than playing with you.

I think there's a very serious risk of this happening, and I don't envision it as being much fun for either of you.

people should somehow be punished for using this

Ive always wanted this kind of feature. It can attract casual gamers to hardcore games.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: Reflex Edition FC 0025-4434-1221

MSG ME AS YOU ADD.