By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will the PS3 version of Prototype outsell Infamous?

NES said:
JEDE3 said:
MontanaHatchet said:
There was definitely hype for inFamous, it just showed up at the last minute. Also, only a 3 day ban? What?!!

It showed up late and there wasn't that much at all. It was nothing like compared to Halo, LBP, MGS4, KZ2, and many other games. Hell some smaller Wii games had recieved more hype than Infamous like NMH, Z&W, Punchout, and many others.

Then why are some people, and by some i mean a lot predicting 3m life time sales for this game if it was not hyped?

Just likehow ot of people predicted 1 million first week KZ2 right?

Around the Network
JEDE3 said:
NES said:
JEDE3 said:
MontanaHatchet said:
There was definitely hype for inFamous, it just showed up at the last minute. Also, only a 3 day ban? What?!!

It showed up late and there wasn't that much at all. It was nothing like compared to Halo, LBP, MGS4, KZ2, and many other games. Hell some smaller Wii games had recieved more hype than Infamous like NMH, Z&W, Punchout, and many others.

Then why are some people, and by some i mean a lot predicting 3m life time sales for this game if it was not hyped?

Just likehow ot of people predicted 1 million first week KZ2 right?

didn't it do that in 2 weeks?

Hey NES, here's an idea. If a lot of people were predicting 3 million lifetime sales, I have a challenge for you. Show me 10 posts from Vgchartz members that predicted that. No, let's make it easy. 5 posts. Go ahead, prove yourself right. Should be easy since so many people predicted that.

Hmm, I bet 200-300k

150-300k

100K. I'm sure it's a great game (I'll download the demo tonight), but it's an unproven franchise. Average Joe Gamer doesn't know about it. Still, 100 thousand copies is more than respectable and I think it would be considered a success by anyone in the real world.

(Lol at that last one. Proves how little hype it really had)

87,000 worldwide

100-125k WW

My prediction

250,000-300,000 Worldwide Week 1

1.5-2mill Lifetime.

90-110k

100k-150k

Really only 100K I have yet to see any ads for it...I hope I'm wrong...

I predict around 180k ww first week

I expect inFAMOUS to sell like 300k.

150K sounds reasonable for me (worldwide)

America: 200K

Others: 200K

Infamous first week EU+NA= 140K

110k fist week 1.5 million lifetime

about 300k first week, over 1m lifetime

75k in US, 200k total WW first week

Need I keep going? I just copied and pasted the first page of

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=73806

That thread and shot you all down.

Also most of these people are talking WW and it hasnt launched in Japan yet. When that happens it can get probablly 25k more FW

radha said:

you whats amazing UFC beat both, to me thats insane

But isn't that a popular sport/show?

Around the Network

Well, InFamous is a better game AND is an exclusive

Bet Prototype will sell a lot less on PS3

Try Rage Of Bahamut ! Free trading card and RPG game on ITunes / Android. Use Code : Laa49998 

And get free  rare card.  Enjoy !

Lostplanet22 said:
radha said:

you whats amazing UFC beat both, to me thats insane

But isn't that a popular sport/show?

Yes, but no one had high expectations for the game so its a surprise hit.

MontanaHatchet said:
Hey NES, here's an idea. If a lot of people were predicting 3 million lifetime sales, I have a challenge for you. Show me 10 posts from Vgchartz members that predicted that. No, let's make it easy. 5 posts. Go ahead, prove yourself right. Should be easy since so many people predicted that.

Pwned

MontanaHatchet said:

I wish you were a mod again, you were such an awesome mod

Can't you ask to have your mod privileges back, since you asked for them to be taken away?

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Kantor said:
MontanaHatchet said:

Pwned

MontanaHatchet said:

Can't you ask to have your mod privileges back, since you asked for them to be taken away?

1. The funny thing is that he didn't even bother to respond.

2. Thanks for the compliment. However, I didn't ask for them to be taken away. Sorry if I gave that impression.

MontanaHatchet said:
Kantor said:
MontanaHatchet said:

Pwned

MontanaHatchet said:

1. The funny thing is that he didn't even bother to respond.

2. Thanks for the compliment. However, I didn't ask for them to be taken away. Sorry if I gave that impression.

Really? Then why the hell did they take them away? Did you ask?

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective