By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will the PS3 version of Prototype outsell Infamous?

big_boss said:
Prototype has terrible loading times, the games story is weak and the game play is repetitive. The game is a rent at best. No it will not outsell Infamous. Because every game this gen I bought has become a million seller on this site. I bought Infamous , not Prototype.

I knew Prototype would suck because they dropped the review embargo the day after its release which isn’t a good sign.

JRPG you spend most of your time trolling and typing garbage on a video game forum. Your pathetic and I feel sorry for you..........not.

Around the Network
mjc2021 said:
tedsteriscool said:
Stop saying this game was hyped people. Compared to other exclusives this one was pretty much overlooked/not hyped.

Commercials, bundling, and tons of internet promotion isn't enough for you?

At what point can we blame the game itself?

Wow... McDonalds happy meal toys must be the most hyped thing since... since... HALO 3.

Not sure if this is a troll thread or not, but I have a feeling in the end, Prototype will do better than Infamous.

JEDE3 said:
mjc2021 said:
tedsteriscool said:
Stop saying this game was hyped people. Compared to other exclusives this one was pretty much overlooked/not hyped.

Commercials, bundling, and tons of internet promotion isn't enough for you?

At what point can we blame the game itself?

Wow... McDonalds happy meal toys must be the most hyped thing since... since... HALO 3.

Halo is popular because people genuinely enjoy it. Same goes for Gran Turismo.

A game like InFamous simply doesn't appeal to the masses no matter how much hype put behind it.

What hype was put behind it? seriously you guys are annoying.

Around the Network
JEDE3 said:

It got LBP internet hype. Every PS3 1st/2nd party exclusive gets massive internet hype.

NES said:
JEDE3 said:

It got LBP internet hype. Every PS3 1st/2nd party exclusive gets massive internet hype.

LOL. Where ever you pulled this from put it back

There was definitely hype for inFamous, it just showed up at the last minute. Also, only a 3 day ban? What?!!

MontanaHatchet said:
There was definitely hype for inFamous, it just showed up at the last minute. Also, only a 3 day ban? What?!!

It showed up late and there wasn't that much at all. It was nothing like compared to Halo, LBP, MGS4, KZ2, and many other games. Hell some smaller Wii games had recieved more hype than Infamous like NMH, Z&W, Punchout, and many others.

JEDE3 said:
MontanaHatchet said:

It showed up late and there wasn't that much at all. It was nothing like compared to Halo, LBP, MGS4, KZ2, and many other games. Hell some smaller Wii games had recieved more hype than Infamous like NMH, Z&W, Punchout, and many others.

Then why are some people, and by some i mean a lot predicting 3m life time sales for this game if it was not hyped?