By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - First day sales: Microsoft sells 45,000 Halo 3 in Japan

Pretty good. Im guessing 60K for first week.

PS360 ftw!

Currently playing..........

Gears of War 2, GTA IV Lost and Damned, Little Big Planet (Yes I said I had no interest but my girl wanted to try it and we did and now Im hooked )

Around the Network

I refuse to discuss anything Japan 360 related. It's a non-issue. No one in Japan cares about XBOX.

mr-money said:
I refuse to discuss anything Japan 360 related. It's a non-issue. No one in Japan cares about XBOX.

And yet, you're in this thread discussing it...

mr-money said:

We will be sure to never discuss these issues in your presence ever again oh divine one! /sarcasm

Go to another thread if it bothers you so much.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

Wow, nice numbers for Halo 3 in Japan. I honestly didn't thing it would do better than Halo 2.

There is no such thing as a console war. This is the first step to game design.

Around the Network

Impressive for an Xbox 360 game in Japan.

nice...

I still say 300k lifetime. X360 will sell better and be around longer than Xbox and Halo3 will benefit from this.

http://www.vgchartz.com/hwcomps.php?cons1=XB&reg1=Japan&cons2=XB&reg2=Japan&cons3=X360&reg3=Japan&align=1

A few notes from me, your X360 Japan overanalyzer...

Overall, very very good numbers for opening day if true.

This would point to a 60k opening week, which would put Halo3 as the highest Western-debuting game on an MS platform.

However, it's anyone's guess how it'll do from there.

It should easily cross the 100k mark. However, could it have Oblivion-type legs? If it did, it could wind up with 150k, which is about the "max" I'd put it at.

The advantage Halo 3 has, is that it really "starts" the beginning of a long list of Xbox 360 software that should get a few new people to addopt 360s, adding to the chance that Halo 3 and Oblivion continue to sell well.

IMO, my guess at first day was 40k. So this is good news....From a X360 standpoint.

The odd thing is, when H2 debuted, the Xbox saw a 300% jump (to 4,500 units) the week BEFORE Halo 2 launched. Odd, eh?

At any rate, I'd say H3 week hardware sales should be around 5,000 units, with software titles such as Oblivion, Trusty Bell and Blue Dragon seeing either small increases, or holding steady.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.