By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - First day sales: Microsoft sells 45,000 Halo 3 in Japan

According to Enterbrain (Famitsu) Microsoft sold 45,000 copies of Halo 3 in Japan during the first 24 hours.

Looks like Halo 3 is one of the big hitters for the japanese 360 business. Unfortunately nothing was said about the hardware numbers but it looks like the numbers will at least double from last week.

Who said Halo 3 wasn´t a big game in Japan?

So what do you expect for the first week of Halo 3 sales? Will it cross the 75k mark?  

And what about lifetime sales?  100k? 150k? 200k? even more?

I´d like to here your opinion. 

Around the Network

we have it on our news section aswell, discuss it there :)

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Yeah, I just realized it: Y-Koron postet the wrong date so I thought Halo 3 wasn´t included

You find these numbers proof of Halo 3 being a big game in Japan? They're good numbers for a X360 title, but really not that impressive when you take all consoles into consideration.

First week sales will probably end up between 65-70k. Which is pretty good when you consider the current userbase. After that the sales will probably drop down quickly, so lifetime sales will probably end up a little over 100k, which is in line with the other 2 Halo titles in Japan. With a bit of luck it should outsell the first 2 though, considering 360 will end up with a bigger userbase than the original XBox.

Thats good I'm happy for Halo 3 in Japan. Those are some good numbers hope its able to reach 100k though or more! 8)

Around the Network

who knows, maybe it will be the week's number 1 title =)

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

koffieboon said:
You find these numbers proof of Halo 3 being a big game in Japan? They're good numbers for a X360 title, but really not that impressive when you take all consoles into consideration.

First week sales will probably end up between 65-70k. Which is pretty good when you consider the current userbase. After that the sales will probably drop down quickly, so lifetime sales will probably end up a little over 100k, which is in line with the other 2 Halo titles in Japan. With a bit of luck it should outsell the first 2 though, considering 360 will end up with a bigger userbase than the original XBox.

Of course, not if you compare it to some Wii games but for a 360 game it is damn impressive especially if you take into account that it is an FPS game and FPS games don´t sell all too well in Japan.

At least it's selling better than Gears of War (34K first week, 66K total) and Halo 2 (33K first week, 54K total).

Best performing XBox 360 game so far for Japan was Blue Dragon (83K first week, 197K total).

Looks like Halo 3's total sales will be somewhere in between, I don't think it will have much effect for the long run regarding Japan.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

hm.. 45K first week should translate to about 55-60K first week and 150-175K lifetime.

Heeeeyyyy!!!! <Snap>

very good number for a fps in japan