By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Capcom says there are still some surprises left for Tatsunoko vs. Capcom

“No comment on the potential of new characters right now. Sorry. News will trickle out over the coming months.We do have a few surprises left (at least, I hope they’re surprises).”

Source:http://www.nintendoeverything.com/?p=17966

What you think guys? Looks like Capcom wants to give some love for the Wii.

Around the Network

On the bottom of the press release Capcom released about the game you can see them mention Resident Evil and Devil May Cry, two series that weren't represented in the Japanese release of Tatsunoko vs Capcom, so I'd expect a character from each of those franchises to appear in TvC. It may mean nothing though.

Just for reference, the copyright junk on the bottom of the original press release:

"Capcom, the Capcom logo, Resident Evil, Mega Man, Darkstalkers and Devil May Cry are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Capcom Co., Ltd., in the U.S. or other countries. Street Fighter is a registered trademark of Capcom U.S.A., Inc. Gatchaman is a registered trademark of TATSUNOKO PRODUCTION CO., LTD. “Tatsunoko VS Capcom” is developed and published by Capcom Co., Ltd., partially licensed by TATSUNOKO PRODUCTION CO., LTD. Wii and the Wii logo are trademarks of Nintendo. © 2006 Nintendo. All other trademarks are owned by their respective owners."

i´d love to see dante and leon, let´s wait for an official announcement

wii fc : 7188 5379 1382 7074
smash fc :2234 6924 8637

gamertag : Dano2688

Leon can't be in the game: he'd be way too overpowered for the rest of those ninnies.

As long as Megaman is playable, I will be happy.

Ask stefl1504 for a sig, even if you don't need one.

Around the Network

I don't think they'd include the copyright just because they were supposed to be in (I don't think that's what Soriku meant, but whatever :P) or because they want... so yeah, I think it might be that. which also leads to the funny fact that there are no DMCs in Nintendo platforms

the words above were backed by NUCLEAR WEAPONS!

someone remember him? :P

That would be cool if there were some Darkstalkers characters. I loved that game when it was in the arcade back in the day.

This is the list of characters they considered but for one reason or another didn't make it into the game:

Tatsunoko Side :

- Joe the Condor (Gatchaman)
- Yatterman #2
- Shulato (from Shulato)
- Soul Taker
- Nakahara Komugi
- Daikyojin (mecha of Yattodetaman, another Time Bokan series anime)
- Berg Katse (enemy of Gatchaman)
- Tekkaman Evil
- Braiking Boss (enemy of Casshern)
- JJ (Zillion)

Capcom Side :

- Leon
- Nash (Charlie)
- Date Masamune
- Arthur
- Ibuki
- Vega (M. Bison)
- Lei-Lei/Hsein-Ko
- Zero Gouki (Cyberbots mecha... who acts like Gouki)
- Tiara Hime (look up Gaia Masters, another Japan only, obscure Capcom game)
- Nero
- June
- Rouge
- Tyrant
- Hinata Wakaba

Hopefully the exclusion of Dudley means nothing for his chances to make it in as a playable character.

Leon is the most powerful character in any Capcom franchise. Him NOT being in the game is an automatic fail. Let's hope they add him.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.