By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - DO NOT BUY Grand Slam Tennis!

After 10 hours of playing GST I can finally share my impressions of this game.

First of all, if you play the game like tennis is supposed to be played the controls are awesome. There is ABSOLUTELY no excuse to whine about controls, they work just as they are supposed to.

Tips:

1. If you plan to play using mini swings sitting on your coach you can, but not without nunchuck ! Use the nunchuck for that. For Wiimote only you need complete real swings.

2. In tennis you have 3 positions, neutral (wiimote in front of your body), left and right. After each hit you have to immediately move the Wiimote to the neutral position (just like in real tennis). When the ball comes to your right side for example move your hand to the right side so you can swing fast when the time comes, then back to neutral position asap.

3. Calibration is easily done on the fly by just keeping the Wiimote steady while pressing the A button to cancel replies.

Please stop the whine about controls, they ain't broken, then ones who whine about them are broken (at tennis).

Around the Network

DO NOT GO AND PLAY TENNIS. The controls suck. You have to practice like a lot and you still wont win many matches.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

This game is really good. If you use the Wii Remote like an actual tennis racket you can affect the spin on the ball. You have to actually stand if you want to play the game properly since you can hold the racket high and low. Do not blame the game if it isn't working by flicking your wrist sitting down on the couch. This isn't Wii Sports Tennis. It's not a flick your wrist at the right time to win type of game. You have to play it more like "real" tennis.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

amp316 said:
This game is really good. If you use the Wii Remote like an actual tennis racket you can affect the spin on the ball. You have to actually stand if you want to play the game properly since you can hold the racket high and low. Do not blame the game if it isn't working by flicking your wrist sitting down on the couch. This isn't Wii Sports Tennis. It's not a flick your wrist at the right time to win type of game. You have to play it more like "real" tennis.

Amp speaking positive words about an EA game? This must be a hell of a game...

Now that I played it... the game is awesome. This thread should die :P

Around the Network
Chrizum said:
amp316 said:

Exactly.  I am not a defender of EA. 

This and MoH:H2 are their two best games on the Wii. 

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

amp316 said:
Chrizum said:
amp316 said:

Interesting.  Looks like I wll be getting this rather than Virtua Tennis. 

No Boom Blox in top 2?

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

tuoyo said:
amp316 said:
Chrizum said:
amp316 said:

No Boom Blox in top 2?

No Boom Blox in my top 2 million. 

amp316 said:
tuoyo said:
amp316 said:
Chrizum said:
amp316 said:

No Boom Blox in top 2?

No Boom Blox in my top 2 million. 

Lol you are funny.  Don't worry I know that deep down you love the game.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

Do you hold your remote properly?

I mean you have to face the side of your remote not the front to the screen.

That would explain that backhands are all messed up if you don't do it as the game tells you to do.