By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - DO NOT BUY Grand Slam Tennis!

Visited the sega forums to read users comments and.... yup, I went for Grand Slam Tennis.

I do not tolerate lag issues.

Around the Network

Well. Eurogamer's changed their tune after discovering their technical problem. The game just went from a 5 to an 8. Boom!

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

So we don't keep bumping a negative thread (like I'm doing now...) I created a new one for all things GST :

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=77798

Signature goes here!

i am addicted to this game. Can't help it.

Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

tuoyo said:
TruckOSaurus said:
I just bought the game and had a horrible 45 minutes of trying to make it work but it turns I was holding the Wiimote wrong. Can't wait to try it out properly tomorrow with the side of the Wiimote as the front of my racquet.

Seems daft to me that they would make the side of the remote the face of the racket.  Would have thought common sense would dictate that the sides with buttons would be the face of the racket. 

Suppose you put an A and B button on a tennis racket, aligning them with the faces. If you held that racket so that you could press the A and B buttons, which I understand is necessary to play GST, you'd be holding that racket completely wrong.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Around the Network

OK, so I just tried out this game, & I have to agree w the OP, the controls are terrible. I know EA said it's not 1 to 1 but this game can't even recognize if my hand is in a forehand or backhand position all the time.

Another classic example of why u should rent / pirate games before buying them. I wonder what kind of cool swag the IGN Nintendo team got for giving it such a positive review. Disgraceful.

arsenal009 said:
OK, so I just tried out this game, & I have to agree w the OP, the controls are terrible. I know EA said it's not 1 to 1 but this game can't even recognize if my hand is in a forehand or backhand position all the time.

You must be just another guy who has no idea that when playing tennis you actually have to put the racquet in the neutral position right after a swing. For your information players don't run with the racquet in the forehand position while going for a backhand.

People should stop blaming an almost perfectly done game for their own fail.

and btw the OP completly changed his mind about GST.

DO BUY IT :) online part is addicting and u just have to learn to play it like u would in real tennis too.
And i recommend not to practise with the ballmachine coz that messes up quite often rather train with real players or cpu opponents to get the hang of it

Improvements are caused by people who complain

Well not detecting if i'm on my forehand occured during the practice with the ball machine. Are u saying this won't happen during matches? If so, I might give it another shot.

@faithraven

Dude, I was doing the ball machine practice. My character stands still, I don't move the analog & it still wouldn't detect if I was on forehand or backhand all the time. The only one that fails is u for backing a broken game.

That's the last straw, I'm buying this game.