By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - HVS interview: my suspicion proved correct, HVS has a secret funder. gr

"All footage and Demo at E3 made in last 2 months and prior to that game did not exist."

O_O

Around the Network
tuoyo said:
Munkeh111 said:

Anyway, does it really matter if they are being funded by a rich guy. You would assume that their games will sell enough for them to become self-sufficient after a while

Yes but what of before they get to that point?  Without the backing it may be that they would only have been able to make a cheap mini game complilation but with the financial backing they were able to make Conduit and not worry too much about the risk of the game not selling and them losing a chunk of money.  Or peharps they would have made the Conduit anyway but limited resources would have meant they cut corners in everyway possible and as a result the game was crap and a commercial failure.

Well they do have the rich guy, so that is a good thing, it allows them to make games like the Conduit

palancas7 said:
"All footage and Demo at E3 made in last 2 months and prior to that game did not exist."

O_O

Yeah, that's what I reacted the strongest to as well. Is they can make a build like that in only 2 months, imagine what the game will be like when they've developed it for almost 2 years...

It's fairly obvious I suppose

A completely unheard of developer making 4 decent budget retail games at the same time?

Majin-Tenshinhan said:
palancas7 said:

O_O

Yeah, that's what I reacted the strongest to as well. Is they can make a build like that in only 2 months, imagine what the game will be like when they've developed it for almost 2 years...

That IS impressive.   I thought both games looked rather underdeveloped to be showing them off at E3 (where poor early impressions can really hurt a game) but I had no clue they were only 2 months old!!  Now I have really high hopes for them given 2 years development time.  

Personally, I'm not interested in either but I hope they find a market.

Around the Network

Actually, it's far less uncommon that you may think for a company to have investors... Especially if the company is small and has good ideas.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

scottie said:
It's fairly obvious I suppose

A completely unheard of developer making 4 decent budget retail games at the same time?

Unheard of?! These guys made LEGO Racers! And I only remember that because it was one of few games we had for our N64

LEGO Racers!!

Jared, it's Jared.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

was it Kevin Bacon?

it's obvious it was that guy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vG8mf0TJ90