By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - HVS interview: my suspicion proved correct, HVS has a secret funder. gr

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2009/06/high-voltage-software.ars

heres a brief summary for those who dont want to read it all

The Conduit:
-Mark Sheppard(Main Character Voice actor) deeply involved with promotion of game including traveling to Demos of game etc.

The Grinder:
- Giant Worm-like Monsters inspired by Tremors
- Wolfman do have Nards
- 4 Player Co-Op is the minimum goal perhaps more players
- Wiispeak Support for online play
- Competative Modes being looked at
- Late 2010 release
- All footage and Demo at E3 made in last 2 months and prior to that game did not exist.
- Will likely support motion+ and have some nice swordplay.
- Open to all feedback regarding gameplay modes etc.

Funding
- Investor who wishes to remain anonymous funding the Projects and is constanty a part of the development process and was at the E3 Booth

i always thought it was odd how HVS was able to create so many ambitious games at one time. For some reason the idea i always add was that some millionaire nintendo fanboy wa ssick of wii third party support and decided to do something about it. Now the guy may not be an actual to fact a nintnedo fanboy just someone looking for a gap in the market but at leats we now know there is some rich guy paying HVS to make good wii games. if i become rich id love to use my money that way

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

Around the Network

Lol, that's awesome!

I certainly wouldn't mind spending money on projects like that, provided I had millions. If the secret funder was at the E3 booth, do we have any clues to go by? Perhaps it's a celebrity, or a big industry person.

EDIT: Any chance that it's Reggie?

^

clearly its Miyamoto

You're both wrong, it's Iwata.

Its Bill Gates

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Around the Network

Well, just maybe it was someone from Sega. :p

But obviously it's Cammie.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

It's the IKEA guy. Obviously.

If I do become rich, I do plan to create loads of game studios to make copies of Uncharted.... and also give SE and extra 200 employees to get on with Final Fantasy....

Anyway, does it really matter if they are being funded by a rich guy. You would assume that their games will sell enough for them to become self-sufficient after a while

it does matter there funded by a rich guy, otherwise we woudnt be getting their games
theve inspired a lot of third party support i feel

Munkeh111 said:

Anyway, does it really matter if they are being funded by a rich guy. You would assume that their games will sell enough for them to become self-sufficient after a while

Yes but what of before they get to that point?  Without the backing it may be that they would only have been able to make a cheap mini game complilation but with the financial backing they were able to make Conduit and not worry too much about the risk of the game not selling and them losing a chunk of money.  Or peharps they would have made the Conduit anyway but limited resources would have meant they cut corners in everyway possible and as a result the game was crap and a commercial failure.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down