By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii Sports Resort to have online? Australian Box art says.. maybe?

Ryudo said:
OK I love my Wii but was never a fan of the Wii series of games...ok I detested them so why the hell does this game have some appeal to me?

Accurate swordplay perhaps?

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Around the Network

If it has online, sweet! I'm picking up the game next month, soon after it comes out.

Perhaps I'll buy this, but I'll await some reviews. I need wiimotion+ anyway for red steel 2. Will you be able to buy red steel 2 without wiimotion+ by the way?

woopah said:
anyone else thing there will be special downloadable weekly challenges a la mario kart?

maybe theres wii sport resort channel :P

This could be a great idea, but I don't see what Nintendo could do EACH weeks/months for years... In Mario Kart Wii, that's just almost always some coins/enemies on an already known race.

Are written 2 things on the cover "content may change online" and "10 new sports". I believe they are saying the game will have some kind of DLC like adding more sports later (well i can dream).

Around the Network

The Nintendo Channel guide for the game says it has Online and WiiConnect24.

http://nintendodpad.com/Welcome/News/Entries/2009/6/10_Wii_Sports_Resort_to_have_online.html

However, wtf with no label for Wii Speak. If it has online and now wii speak I'm gonna be pissed.

superchunk said:

http://nintendodpad.com/Welcome/News/Entries/2009/6/10_Wii_Sports_Resort_to_have_online.html

However, wtf with no label for Wii Speak. If it has online and noT wii speak I'm gonna be pissed.

?

superchunk said:

However, wtf with no label for Wii Speak. If it has online and now wii speak I'm gonna be pissed.

If it has online (and a good one not Brawl online) then you should just be super pleased.  It's more than most would have expected from Nintendo.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down