By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony: Wii Owners Will Become PS3 Owners ( Eventually )

Also maybe a hint to a price cut soon, but that's kinda stating the obvious...

Sony: Wii Owners Will Become PS3 Owners (Eventually)

Andrew House is the new boss of Sony Computer Entertainment Europe, a position with a long, storied history of corporate tit-for-tat. And it's a position he seems to be taking a real shine to.

In his first real public interview since assuming the role following David Reeve's departure in April, House tells Edge Online:

If you look back at previous lifecycles, like PS2 versus N64 [sic], we have lots of data that suggests that lots of people bought into N64 as their entry level gaming device, and were happy to upgrade to a more powerful machine later in the lifecycle when the price point was right for them.

I think we're going to see this later on PS3, and the fact that it's a Blu-ray player as well and that there's a [greater] wealth of network based experiences than are perhaps available on the device they already have will add to the proposition. I think that will definitely be a factor in the marketplace.

Not a bad start to the man's shit-talking career! Unabashed flag-waving, tempered with realistic statements and a lack of clear aggression. He could have a bright career ahead of him.

Interview: Andrew House [Edge Online]

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

Around the Network

Again with that old and tired idea?...that´s soooo 2007...

They already said that...

Goodbye David... welcome Andrew. I honestly wonder why SCEE picks these guys, who really just repeat what the previous guy said.

was the PS1 more powerful than the N64?

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

Around the Network

Love how Sony conveniently ignores the fact that 360 is already at that price point where if any Wii owners want a 'fuller' experience they could upgrade.

Plus GC to PS2 was a lot different than Wii to PS3. GC owners were largely kids growing up and wanting more adult fare or wanted the much larger catalogue of games PS2 had. Wii owners are much more likely to be women/girls/mature males who never had any interest whatsoever in PS2 and still won't in PS3/360.

Gamerace said:

Love how Sony conveniently ignores the fact that 360 is already at that price point where if any Wii owners want a 'fuller' experience they could upgrade.

The 360 is a piece of shit, though. PS3 FTW!

woopah said:
was the PS1 more powerful than the N64?

No it wasn't (assuming that wasn't a rhetorical question :P).

I believe another Sony employee has said this before or something similar (like he's glad that the Wii is doing so well so that means the PS3 will do even better when all the consumers go for a PS3).

What if PS3 owners who are waiting for the PS3 wand upgrade to Wii MotionPlus?

That's equally likely, or even more considering Gamerace's observation.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Sony obliterates the competition in belief and optimism!