By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - If MS doesn't come 1st next gen or the gen after , should they pull out ?

As long as they are making money, there is no reason to drop out.

Around the Network
jcp234 said:...but Microsoft continues to expand its horizons and provide innovative functionality to the 360 through the value of its software and online services.

They'be been innovative?  They've done nothing but copy others in my opinion, in both the OS market and the games market.

the2bears - the indie shmup blog
the2bears said:
jcp234 said:...but Microsoft continues to expand its horizons and provide innovative functionality to the 360 through the value of its software and online services.

They'be been innovative?  They've done nothing but copy others in my opinion, in both the OS market and the games market.

Yes, thats why they came out with NATAL, the first of it's kind of motion control in video gaming. Also, let's not forget that Sony, and Nintendo are copying predicesors from as far back as the 1930's. (some duckhunting game)

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!

Million said:

It seems even with the vast amount of investment that has gone into the gaming division Microsoft is still unable to dominate. In addition to this there are reports of a slow but conistent decline in Microsofts core businesses. It begs the question, should Microsoft put an end to it's arguably fruitless ventures into the gaming industry or should they continue to attack a largley lucrative market which continues to see YoY growth ?? .

discuss

The goal of MS was to stop Sony from becoming the main hub in the living room. The strategy they have employed has done this (coupled with bad moves at Sony). So IMO MS sees this as a success.

Now Playing: The Witcher (PC)

Consoles Owned: NES, SNES, N64, PS1, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, Game Boy, DS

Just on Xbox LIVE alone Microsoft is raking money..

They are over 15 Millions of Live Gold members (last I herd) that are paying a fee for it.

Not counting, Hardware, accessories and software..

As long Microsoft is making a profit in all departments they're not going nowhere.

My Trigger Happy Sixaxis controller

Around the Network
ironman said:
the2bears said:

Yes, thats why they came out with NATAL, the first of it's kind of motion control in video gaming. Also, let's not forget that Sony, and Nintendo are copying predicesors from as far back as the 1930's. (some duckhunting game)

You guys need to learn how MS works. Natal was a tech demo designed to make some buzz. It will not come out at the end of the year and it will not come out 2010. They did it to one up the buzz for Sony's new motion control (which they knew would be shown). Natal will not come out for a long time, if ever. So, saying they "came out" with it would be incorrect. Unless MS has "come out" with MS Surface.

Aiemond said:
ironman said:
the2bears said:

You guys need to learn how MS works. Natal was a tech demo designed to make some buzz. It will not come out at the end of the year and it will not come out 2010. They did it to one up the buzz for Sony's new motion control (which they knew would be shown). Natal will not come out for a long time, if ever. So, saying they "came out" with it would be incorrect. Unless MS has "come out" with MS Surface.

Which iswhy they said it would be coming out this fall, also lets not forget, people actually got to use NATAL at E3. So no, I think YOU need to learn how MS works.

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!

ironman said:
Aiemond said:
ironman said:
the2bears said:

Which iswhy they said it would be coming out this fall, also lets not forget, people actually got to use NATAL at E3. So no, I think YOU need to learn how MS works.

And MS never pushes back release dates and FUDs them? LOL. MS surface is being used in the wild too, look at msnbc. But where is the release? You won't find it. Natal is the same thing.

I don't think so. Microsoft is pretty valuable to the console wars at this point. A two legged race between sony and nintendo would be boring, with Nintendo going after the casuals, and Sony going after the hardcore? There would be very little reason for the other to step into "enemy" territory's. Competition breeds good service and good products, and the more competition. (to a point) the better imho.

Why must JRPG female leads suck so bad?

Xbox is bigger than Playstation now, so I don't see MS pulling out of the gaming business.

I see MS expanding their gaming business by releasing Natal, making a handheld, launching the X720 while still supporting the X360, buying new dev studios and so on.

MS is the new great mammoth in gaming. And they make a lot more money than Sony.