By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Join the Loyalty-Free Gaming Movement!

N64--->PS2-->360

As loyal as a whore.....so sign the J man up.

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

Around the Network

how about brand anti-loyalty?

assumption is the mother of all f**k ups 

Count me in!

Signature goes here!

Figlioni said:
I'm all over this. Anything started by someone as hot as trashleg is worth joining.

It's far more likely that trashleg is a unicorn posing as a girl.

Let's talk about this in person Trashleg. ^_^

Around the Network
Akvod said:
trashleg said:
Akvod said:
Nah, we're all sub consciously biased in some way, and it's so not fun being PC. I see at worst, the fanboy wars more like a sports rivalry, there's no reason, it's just fun. It only goes overboard when you literally loathe the other team and become completely obsessed with it. So again, with the sport analogy, as long as riots don't start, it's all fun.

Also, looking at the list there are a few people that I don't consider to be unbiased XD (again not saying that they make a conscious effort to be fanboyish, but they're definetly biased, and some of them pretty damn far. I'll rather someone just come outfront and say "Here's what I think about this, but mind you I'm biased towards this system" or "Never played this game, but from what I saw from the trailers, media, etc here are my impressions, etc".

You can be biased, and you can be on the strong spectrum of something while being polite, and respectful.

Blind loyalty to a company is illogical, but I say that our biases are determined by how well the companies served us in the first place anyway, so it all balances out.

So I reject your LFGM, and say to all of you who joined, stop being pussies. Just admit that you're all biased in some way, whether or not you mean it or not, and just be forthright with your flaws. That is the only way we can deal with our own fanboyism and bias, by acknowledging it. Otherwise, if you don't acknowledge it, and don't see yourself as having a problem/flaw how would you be able to counteract it?

It is because I know and acknowledge that I am a fanboy that I am more careful with my posts than I would have been had I not acknowledged it.

remember this is just a bit of fun tho, for those people who aren't diehard fanboys

i appreciate your point, but we here are of the opinion "don't knock it til you've tried it" with regards to gaming. why alienate yourself from two-thirds of the gaming opportunities for no reason? Gaming is changing all the time, constantly. every "Big" company is swirling about with ideas, some in the same direction, others on total tangents to each other. Remember the shock when Madworld was announced for the Wii? Because the Wii was seen as family-friendly. And I remember being surprised when I heard that Eternal Sonata was being re-released for the PS3, because I'd aways seen it as a "360-kinda game". Then I felt silly.  The times they are a-changin'...

Again, good point. But but your use of the word "served" refers to the past, and like I said gaming is an ever-changing thing, we must look to the future :D

But thank you for taking the time to post your opinion

Oh no, I thought you were talking strictly bias and preference, not complete refusal to buy/own another console. My mom owns a Wii, and I'm waiting on Fragile to come out (along with more news to make my decission). I think you can be multiplat and still be biased/prefer another console more.

I hated how journalists reacted to Madworld. They were saying that as gamers, we were somehow obligated to buy the game. I buy what I want, and the journalists' approach with Mad World validates the notion that as long as it's bloody it's "hardcore".

As for your future thing, the problem is that we don't know how the future would unfold, so the only best bet is to look at the past and current trends to see if they are maintaining their good/bad reputation and service.

Thank you for your opinion as well =) But I fucking hate this idea *mad* especially that one *** who wrote in on his sig and was like "Join us!" (all the while having all Xbox avatars, sigs, etc, lol).

We're human, and we're biased.

I am hated! *cries. Hey FYI the only reason I have all xbox avitars and sigs is because that is the only system I own. Not because I don't like the other systems, but because for me, the best value was the 360. I would like to get a PS3, but right now I can't afford it. Anyway, just because I like Xbox does not mean I can't see it's faults. 

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!

ironman said:
Akvod said:
trashleg said:
Akvod said:
Nah, we're all sub consciously biased in some way, and it's so not fun being PC. I see at worst, the fanboy wars more like a sports rivalry, there's no reason, it's just fun. It only goes overboard when you literally loathe the other team and become completely obsessed with it. So again, with the sport analogy, as long as riots don't start, it's all fun.

Also, looking at the list there are a few people that I don't consider to be unbiased XD (again not saying that they make a conscious effort to be fanboyish, but they're definetly biased, and some of them pretty damn far. I'll rather someone just come outfront and say "Here's what I think about this, but mind you I'm biased towards this system" or "Never played this game, but from what I saw from the trailers, media, etc here are my impressions, etc".

You can be biased, and you can be on the strong spectrum of something while being polite, and respectful.

Blind loyalty to a company is illogical, but I say that our biases are determined by how well the companies served us in the first place anyway, so it all balances out.

So I reject your LFGM, and say to all of you who joined, stop being pussies. Just admit that you're all biased in some way, whether or not you mean it or not, and just be forthright with your flaws. That is the only way we can deal with our own fanboyism and bias, by acknowledging it. Otherwise, if you don't acknowledge it, and don't see yourself as having a problem/flaw how would you be able to counteract it?

It is because I know and acknowledge that I am a fanboy that I am more careful with my posts than I would have been had I not acknowledged it.

remember this is just a bit of fun tho, for those people who aren't diehard fanboys

i appreciate your point, but we here are of the opinion "don't knock it til you've tried it" with regards to gaming. why alienate yourself from two-thirds of the gaming opportunities for no reason? Gaming is changing all the time, constantly. every "Big" company is swirling about with ideas, some in the same direction, others on total tangents to each other. Remember the shock when Madworld was announced for the Wii? Because the Wii was seen as family-friendly. And I remember being surprised when I heard that Eternal Sonata was being re-released for the PS3, because I'd aways seen it as a "360-kinda game". Then I felt silly.  The times they are a-changin'...

Again, good point. But but your use of the word "served" refers to the past, and like I said gaming is an ever-changing thing, we must look to the future :D

But thank you for taking the time to post your opinion

Oh no, I thought you were talking strictly bias and preference, not complete refusal to buy/own another console. My mom owns a Wii, and I'm waiting on Fragile to come out (along with more news to make my decission). I think you can be multiplat and still be biased/prefer another console more.

I hated how journalists reacted to Madworld. They were saying that as gamers, we were somehow obligated to buy the game. I buy what I want, and the journalists' approach with Mad World validates the notion that as long as it's bloody it's "hardcore".

As for your future thing, the problem is that we don't know how the future would unfold, so the only best bet is to look at the past and current trends to see if they are maintaining their good/bad reputation and service.

Thank you for your opinion as well =) But I fucking hate this idea *mad* especially that one *** who wrote in on his sig and was like "Join us!" (all the while having all Xbox avatars, sigs, etc, lol).

We're human, and we're biased.

I am hated! *cries. Hey FYI the only reason I have all xbox avitars and sigs is because that is the only system I own. Not because I don't like the other systems, but because for me, the best value was the 360. I would like to get a PS3, but right now I can't afford it. Anyway, just because I like Xbox does not mean I can't see it's faults. 

You don't think that you still don't have any subconscious bias? We have double blind studies for a reason. I try my best to be unbiased (and in order to do that, I must acknowledge that I am biased), and find faults where there are, and find benefits where there are. However I know that inevitably I'm still biased (at least in mind, despite what my statements say), and that I must continue to be vigilent when I post.

So to sum up my last post in this thread.

We're all biased, at least subconsciously, and no matter how we try it'll show eventually in some form or another. That's why we have to be conscious of that bias, acknowlege it, and try your best to supress it.

But to say that you can be completely unbiased, in both terms of mind and statements, I say is both unrealistic, and to say you do is utterly false.

This is true, nobody is declaring that they are completely unbiased here. We are simply joining forces to create a group that is as unbiased as you can get.

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!

Im confused, can someone explain?

ironman said:
This is true, nobody is declaring that they are completely unbiased here. We are simply joining forces to create a group that is as unbiased as you can get.

Thank you! this hits the nail on the head (is that an expression??)

Highwaystar101 said: trashleg said that if I didn't pay back the money she leant me, she would come round and break my legs... That's why people call her trashleg, because she trashes the legs of the people she loan sharks money to.