By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ideas for Mario

I know a decent amount of people might think Mario is overused but I usually enjoy pretty much all the games.  I came up with a new Mario IP last night.  Mario Football (Touchdown, 10 yard fight, etc. perhaps to avoid any confusion that it is American football) -  It would be a hybrid of Mutant League Football and Blitz.  This game could probably just be released in Americas considering that is mainly the only place this sport is the most popular.  Perhaps Europe also but I am not sure how well the NFL Europe league is doing.  Might as well throw in Mario Hockey also.  Some might think it is overkill but Mario might as well play every popular sport.

Anyone else have an idea for a Mario game?  That perhaps isn't sports related or come up with a popular sport that he hasn't been in yet.   How about Mario BMX or Mario Xtreme Sports?

Around the Network

He could feature in a Simpsons: Hit and Run style game set in the Mushroom Kingdom.

A spin off platformer series.

Mario Sunshine 2.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

A new paper mario RPG like the one on GC

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

a Mario Starcraft. just for japan of course, no one considers it a sport except for their gaming minds ;)

it'll be great, little toads, that you send out to kill the other color toads...

Around the Network

- Mario wrestling
- Mario fighting (like Street Fighter style)
- Mario GTA
- Mario FPS (but with flower power)
im just ranting lol

Yea, another true Paper Mario would be nice. I haven't played Super Paper Mario yet but I heard it isn't like the first 2 (or 3 if you want to count Super Mario RPG). I am almost done with PM:TTYD and it has been a blast. I will then try Super Paper Mario.

@vess13, don't you mainly mean Korea. SC is way more popular in Korea than Japan. A RTS game done right could probably sell decently in all areas though.

@declan, yea a Mario Hit and run type game would be pretty fun. Reminds me of that youtube Mario GTA video.

V-r0cK said:
- Mario wrestling
- Mario GTA
im just ranting lol

the SF Mario isn't a bad idea. I can actually see that hapening. Capcom vs Nintendo.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

V-r0cK said:
- Mario wrestling
- Mario GTA
im just ranting lol

All those games will be rated T or higher. Thn kids will want to buy the game and learn bad things from it.
I mean BAD things.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

A Mario FPS Paintballer.