By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Probably the most critical Halo 3 review this far.

LMAO you guys have to watch Double Team if you haven't....there's this one scene, where JCVD is underwater, holding his breath, trying to escape this island, and some guy swims up behind him and puts a plastic bag over his head to suffocate him.......he's underwater. He ALREADY can't breathe. That made me laugh my ass off.

Around the Network

Hahahaha.. i haven't seen that movie in so long.. but i can remember that bit, and I didn't even think of that.. that is very funny

did you ever catch the one caled "Desert Heat"---he is helped by a ghost indian and end with riding off into the middle of the desert with a girl on the back of his motocycle---

Nah, I only saw Double Team because I was with my cousins and we were all high. That made it so much funnier....normally I avoid horrendously bad movies, but I may have to see the rest of the JCVD video collection just for stoner viewing.

Also from double team, how about the part where JCVD and the villain are fighting each other/a tiger in the collosseum, and the whole place is rigged with land mines? And they hide behind a coke machine when the bombs go off, and they're safe, despite the fact that coke cans and coke machine parts are flying past them? LMAO just so everyone knows, "they" consists of JCVD and Dennis Rodman. I dunno who the hell played the bad guy.

Go easy on this guy, his english isn´t great so when he read Master Chief he was thinking Master Chef, ecpection a cooking game he got confuzed... lets face it Halo 3 isn´t a great cooking game...

Oh and the controlls are fantasic in Halo3, all the vehicles move fantastically, I love those hover-choppers or whatevery they are, soooooo much fun..... grenaded my self to death many times to replay that part of the game. 

Around the Network

Why did it get an 9.6 from most reviewers if it had such bad features(according to the guy)?

mM

Ok, so we can all agree that it's a pretty crappy review. Especially the part where he says the story sucks, because it's hard to understand if you haven't played the other two games (which means he has never played a Halo game before)

But I must admit my biggest Halo 2 gripe (haven't played 1 or 3) is the vehicle control. The moment you have to do any tight or close quarter maneuvering you're screwed.

Once again though, pointless review

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

I did a quick clean-up...

"Final without fireworks"

"Halo will kill them all”. The line comes dragging. It crawls forward through a stock of unpredictability that only can be beaten by a movie with Jean-Claude van Damme in the leading part. But this is not Universal Soldier. This is Halo 3, and it's not good.

The intention was of course that Halo 3 would become the magnificent ending of the series that the entire gaming world has been longing for. It was to be world's best game, ever. It's not. It's a flop.

Halo 3 had a massive hype and marketing campaign. The security was rigorous to prevent that anything would trickle out about the games story. Why I can't understand since the story in Halo is as unintresting as… the story in a Jean Claude van Damme-movie.

It's the shooting that you're after in this game, not to know if Master Chief is Cortana's father, lover, brother in law or forgotten toy. Everyone, with very few exceptions, that plays Halo do it together, either with or against a friend. They, to be frank, don't give a fuck about who the aliens are, just that they do bleed.

I have not tested the multiplayer part of Halo 3. Just since it is Halo 3 and a ridiculous protected title I've only been able to play it on Microsoft offices for ten hours. And the playing cracks in the joints from the beginning.

I am thrown into a story that no newcomers to the series will understand. If you haven't played Halo 1 or 2, you won't get anything out of the story. It is beautiful like an expensive painting, but the game play is just boring.

Shoot space monsters, drive space cars with poor control, shoot more space monsters. Your so-called assistants has not been endowed with intelligence when it comes to driving and they'll happily drive you into both mountains and other obstacles. When it comes to gameplay, it feels like you've been transported back to the Nintendo 64-era

The story is a broken collection of clichés about disappeared artefacts and one neverending swarm of insects. The music is enervating meaningless. Halo 3 has too many dull moments and very little of the magic that I expected to find..

Here's another review that will be read by far more people:

Halo 3 Mimics Halo 2, With Some Improved Graphics

either this way or the other this is one displeased halo guy