By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Probably the most critical Halo 3 review this far.

Its not from a big gamer site or anything, its from a Swedish local paper, read and enjoy :)

http://www.st.nu/noje/recensioner.php?action=visa_artikel&id=672606

“Halo will kill them all”. The line comes dragging. It crawls forward through a stock of unpredictability that only can be beaten by a movie with Jean-Claude van Damme in the leading part. But this is not Universal Soldier. This is Halo 3, and it is not good.

The intention was of course that Halo 3 would become the magnificent ending of the series that the entire gaming world has been longing after. It was to become the world's best game, ever. It is not. It is a flop.

Halo 3 has been going on of a massive hype and marketing campaign. The security is rigorous in order to nothing will trickle out about the games story. Why can I not for my life understand since the story in Halo is equal unintresting as… the story in a Jean Claude van Damme-movie.

It is the shooting that you want with this game, not if Master Chief is Cortanas father/lovers/brother in law or forgotten toy. Everyone - the exceptions are extremly few -  that plays Halo does it together, either with or towards a friend. They literally spoken don't give a fuck about the story. As long as the opponent bleeds.

I have not tested the multiplayer part of Halo 3. Just since it is Halo 3 and a ridiculous protected title I've only been able to play it on Microsoft offices in ten hours. And the playing cracks in the joints from the beginning.

I am thrown in in a history that nobody of the newcomers to the series will understand. One must have played earlier parts in order to get anything out from the story. It is beautiful as an expensive painting, but, the game play, its just, yawn, boring.

Shoot space monsters, druive space cars with poor control, shoot more space monsters. Your so-called co-worker has not been endowed with intelligence when it comes to vehicles and they drive you happily into both mountains and other obstacles. It feels gameplaywise like you've been transported back to the Nintendo 64-era

The Story is a broken collection of bullshit about disappeared artefacts and one always reappeared sworm of insects. The music is enervating meaningless. It is too much transport stretches and very little of the magic that I had waited myself to find here.

Beware, I live!
I am Sinistar!
Beware, coward!
I hunger!
Roaaaaaaaaaar!

At least 62 million Wii sold by the end of 09 or my mario avatar will get sad
Around the Network

Jesus Christ....this reads like it was translated from Swedish to English by someone who only knows Hebrew.

PS WTF is a "volume monster?"

PPS--- They shit literally spoken in which the volume beings is. Only they bleed. <<<<Best two sentences ever.

wow hard to follow but this guy is not a Halo fan after this game

I'm trying to get the article "readable" I first wanted to link to it through a translator site, but it screwed up the text pretty bad.

Beware, I live!
I am Sinistar!
Beware, coward!
I hunger!
Roaaaaaaaaaar!

It's always good when someone is brave enough to say an established and much overhyped and overated game is bollocks.

More reviewers should do this, too many games get 9 / 9.5 /10 when really they are just average games with a well known popular name.

Around the Network

No offense but this guy is a moron who has never played a Halo game before.

While Halo 3 is not the greatest game ever cretaed, it exudes polish in every aspect of gameplay and is very enjoyable to play. That guy either wanted to be contrarian or is just plain stupid, I don't know which.

This tipped me off to his level of incompetence:

"druive space cars with poor control"

The vehicles in Halo control VERY well. There isn't a vehicle in the game that has shoddy controls. Shit, there isn't a part in the game that has shoddy controls. Maybe that reviewer needs to go back to Gaming 101 class because if he thinks Halo has poor controls, he should also hate almost every other 3D game ever created because Bungie has some of the tightest controls ever created in a game.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

One of my biggest gripes with Halo is the ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE vehicle control. "Point the camera where you want to turn" is without a doubt one of the dumbest ideas ever. I've played a variety of racing games over the years, from F1 sims to kart racers, and the worst of them had better control than Halo. I know, Halo isn't a racer but, if they must use vehicles, direct control is the ONLY way to go.

Switch: SW-5066-1525-5130

XBL: GratuitousFREEK

no the tightes controls right now are MP3---no contest sticks cant touch that wii mote

Apostrovich said:

Jesus Christ....this reads like it was translated from Swedish to English by someone who only knows Hebrew.

PS WTF is a "volume monster?"

PPS--- They shit literally spoken in which the volume beings is. Only they bleed. <<<

All your base are belong to us! 

Beware, I live!
I am Sinistar!
Beware, coward!
I hunger!
Roaaaaaaaaaar!

WHAT? Jean-Claude Van damme movies doesn't have a good story! How dare they!

Hmmff it is hard to follow but I can understand what he means with the review.