By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Probably the most critical Halo 3 review this far.

bunch of halo haters in here, god i swear, just go away. From now on any danm hyped game anywhere im going to rip into it, just gonna rip into it and post any danm negative review.

Halo is a very fun game to many, and to deny that is just ignorant.

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.
Around the Network
konnichiwa said:
WHAT? Jean-Claude Van damme movies doesn't have a good story! How dare they!

Hmmff it is hard to follow but I can understand what he means with the review.

Oh god! Did he think about the consequenses of a statement like that! The protests en masse that this will provoke in Belgium! The Belgian blue has already condamned Sweden for this statement and demands that the reviewer in question immediately should be extradited. 

Beware, I live!
I am Sinistar!
Beware, coward!
I hunger!
Roaaaaaaaaaar!

At least 62 million Wii sold by the end of 09 or my mario avatar will get sad

Although I do think halo is over-hyped and over-rated, it doesn't sound like this guy even tried to play the game.

I have a problem with anyone who equates the n64 with "bad gameplay" as well....

Copycon said:
konnichiwa said:
WHAT? Jean-Claude Van damme movies doesn't have a good story! How dare they!

Hmmff it is hard to follow but I can understand what he means with the review.

Oh god! Did he think about the consequenses of a statement like that! The protests en masse that this will provoke in Belgium! The Belgian blue has already condamned Sweden for this statement and demands that the reviewer in question immediately should be extradited. 

Yeah first the Vikings and now this!

Be sure that Brussels will ask you a penalty for that!

Van damme sucks.

Well I've been able to play the first 5 levels of Halo 3 and dare I say I agree. I've played Halo 1 and Halo 2 and spent countless hours online on H2. Now before I say what I feel I must say that Halo storyline has never been good. Really it's never even been acceptable. The whole finish the fight thing is a marketing scam. Really I want someone to give me a reason to finish the fight cause I really never cared.

But anyways I've played the first 5 levels of Halo 3 and it's just simply awful. It's boring, unintersting, dull, and not action packed at all. The best part so far has been taking down the scarab and even then all I did was drive the mongoose around because if my AI friend had he'd at least have unlimited ammo.

Otherwise the game started off really slow. Shouldn't happen when you are in the 3rd game. Should be straight into the action and fast paced storytelling. But otherwise it started off the exact same as the first 2 and that's just unacceptable really.

Really I've yet to understand why people are liking single player so much cause to me it's been an apsolute drag. I can't help but feel like I'm only playing it to beat it rather than enjoying the time.

So in that aspect I must agree with this guy. It's just not a fun or intersting story and really the Halo storyline never has been.

Around the Network

^^ same could be said with alot of games, mostly nintendo games, story doesnt make everything, and personally i am enjoying the story so far

im telling your this thread is full of halo haters, im getting rather sick of it

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.
Copycon said:
All your base are belong to us!

Yessss!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIQ53t0gv_4

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

Lost tears of Kain said:
^^ same could be said with alot of games, mostly nintendo games, story doesnt make everything, and personally i am enjoying the story so far

im telling your this thread is full of halo haters, im getting rather sick of it

WE ARE ALLOWED TO NOT LIKE A GAME---then you come in and flame like that

Whoa dude fanboy much---chill out i HATE HALO 3--i will finish only b/c the first two games were pretty good----BUT HALO 3 is aweful----i played it last night with a friend and it is hands down one of the most drab and UGLY games i have ever played---the only parts i have found okay so far are the Brute hammer thing and the atv's---but all i did was drive around while the other guy was firing rockets----

other then that uggghhghghghhhh......Its like they decided to rush thru the single palyer just to get to the multiplayer ..

Halo 3 has disappointed Norwegian newspaper game journalists aswell.

-"Safe anticlimax", "no surprises", "too similar to the first two games", "too short". VG, Norway's biggest newspaper (5/6)

-" Disappointing visuals", "unengaging", "too short", "few surprises", "over-hyped". Nettavisen (4/6).

- "Unengaging", "seen everything before", "saved by the multiplayer". Dagbladet (5/6).

Still good scores, though.

Havent played the game myself, and doubt that I will buy it, because Halo 2 bored me.

Actually, the NYTimes had a very critical review of Halo 3 as well. They said, "Halo 3 mimicks Halo 2 with some improved graphics." They basically said that everything is the same as Halo 2 except that the graphics look better in some areas.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/27/technology/circuits/27games.html

Halo 3 is Halo 2 with somewhat better graphics.