By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Do you think the gt5 trailer is ingame?

Why would it be suprising that it is in game? GT5 prologue looks insanely good in 1080p.. photorealistc at times.

mM
Around the Network
leo-j said:
Why would it be suprising that it is in game? GT5 prologue looks insanely good in 1080p.. photorealistc at times.

Because it puts absolutely EVERYTHING to shame.

Visually, it makes Crysis whimper.

if it is indeed ingame PD have outdone themself

As Staude said, Crysis on wheels.
This is Gran Turismo lol, don't underestimate it

Racing games will always be visually more impressive than any other genre because of obvious reasons.
That beeing said, i don't see why the trailer would not be represenative of in-game graphics. Those guys are working on GT5 for quite some time now, and the team is the best at what they do.

"You have the right to the remains of a silent attorney"

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
leo-j said:

Two entirely different games here, people...

As for the footage, it looks really good. I really don't want people arguing about this (and sorry to bring it into the topic) but I honestly can't tell a difference between this and Forza 3. Both look so good!

The BuShA owns all!

uhm.. for now I won't get my hopes up - that way hopefully I will be pleasently surprised afterwards

Carl2291 said:
leo-j said:

There is a BIG difference between merely using a videogame system to render stuff intermission style, and rendering it as part of gameplay, where the AI has to work to handle how characters in the game respond, and attempt to avoid problems.  Also, there is a LARGE difference between a shooter where enemies avoid getting killed, and seek to kill, and a driving game where they are racing to get first.

To now say, "WOO HOO! THIS BLOWS AWAY CRYSIS", is close to absurd here, particularly when GT5 is actually having people play. 

What counts here is GT5 will have NASCAR and also Rally racing in dirt.  The scope alone sets up GT5 to be a monster of a racing game.  If you get top notch graphics on top of that, that is an added bonus.  Realistic car damage is what should count more here.  There is wayy too much concern over graphics.  What is out there is good enough now.  What we need is more realism in handling and hugeness in scope.

it' doesn't matter if it's different genres. What you see is what you get.

(ofcourse it matters technically but that doesn't make the game look any worse now does it :p)

Check out my game about moles ^

nope