By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Do you think the gt5 trailer is ingame?

Well just look at what they were able to do with the PSP GT. I say its in-game.

Around the Network

If it is not real-time, Polyphony wasted a lot of time on a CG trailer trying to make it look real-time. There are shadow glitches, clipping issues, Low poly objects, and low res textures. What would be the point to making a CG trailer if you are going to compromise it?

Chris Roper from IGN said it was real-time, and with God of War 3 and The Last Gaurdian both running at 1080p it seems very realistic.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

KBG29 said:
If it is not real-time, Polyphony wasted a lot of time on a CG trailer trying to make it look real-time. There are shadow glitches, clipping issues, Low poly objects, and low res textures. What would be the point to making a CG trailer if you are going to compromise it?

Chris Roper from IGN said it was real-time, and with God of War 3 and The Last Gaurdian both running at 1080p it seems very realistic.

So does this confirm that the graphics were so good that most people actually thought it was CGI?

It definitely looks in-game when i watched it through the PS3. There are issues like KBG29 said which reinforces the fact that its using the in-game engine. I think they just touched it up here and there like the replay mode.

Dammit, the inner fanboy in me wants to get every single person who said (along with me, I'm guilty) that the trailer was CGI and to call them out when they later say that the graphics on GT5 aren't that good.

Around the Network

the graphics of GT5 are CGI-QUALITY

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

I figured the car models were in game as were some of the effects (the dust in the rally scene), but some of the environments (especially near the beginning of the trailer) seemed pre-rendered. Either way, both this and Forza 3 are absolutely gorgeous.