By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Who are better gamers, Girls or boys?

I say girls, but that's because of an obvious bias. Since many girls don't game or play games that require intense gameplay its really hard to compare either gender given that fact, but I think since girls are suppossed to have more developed fine motor skills that we would typically be more geared towards gaming than boys whose bodies seem to excell at gross motor skills. I can personally outgame almost every boy I know, but what do you folk think?

Who really has the bigger balls when it comes to gaming, the girls or the boys? 

Around the Network

Boys are better at gaming. Hell they're better at everything. Cooking, cleaning, birthing children, doing makeup, walking down the stairs in a gorgeous gown, shaving our legs.... Sorry ladies, you lose. :P

I have lost in a Smash Bros' Tournament to a 10 year old girl (While being 21. So, last year).

For gender differences, I'd go with males because of levels of exposure being quite important as well as natural coordination, but it always is a person to person basis. There are female speed runners, which demands rediculous patience, skill and planning.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

*wonders if boys might have a natural advantage in handling the wiimote*

What a silly topic. It depends on the individual.

Around the Network

And V saves the world again, yea this topic is very silly, it really does depend on the person, hand eye coordination, reaction time, and of course practice.

Xbox Live Gamertag - Deathscythe X

AIM SN - Alexie Di Onie

I would say on average definately guys... because guys typically play more games... However the girls I know that actually game frequently, are really good. I would say there is definately a bigger gap and less "average" skilled gaming girls.

Girl Gamer Elite said:
*wonders if boys might have a natural advantage in handling the wiimote*

This is really a very stereotypical thread to start, its very "look-at-me-im-a-girl-gamer," but you cant deny this chick's got style.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

On average, males are better gamers. The reason is because males game more frequently than out female counter parts on average. Women can be just as good at games as men if they devote as much time to the hobby as we do on the whole.

My best friend's girlfriend is a hell of a Halo player. She put a lot of time into the game. When I was younger, the best Street Fighter 2 player in the area was a girl. She had an incredible Zangief. Some of the best players I've grouped with in Everquest 2 are women. BTW Before you say how do you know they are women, my guild uses a Ventrilo (Voice Chat) server for our raids.

I reckon it really just depends on if the person has put more time into it.. if you had to generalise into "boys and girls" i'd say that on average, guys know how to play games much better than gals, but that isn't very fair.. because there are a lot more guys that care about gaming than gals..