By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sales wise - How badly will GT5 beat Forza3

i would say more like: How bad GT5 sales will be compared to Forza 3 proving that people are tired with game that is still a port frm psx? cause i think this time Forza not only still do better than Forza 2 as usual, but also the gap between GT5 and Forza 3 will be less than 1.5-2mln.
Forza 1 - 1mln LTD
Forza 2 - 4mln LTD
Forza 3 - 5-6.5mln LTD probably

GT5 - maybe 7mln LTD

to people that says sales of Prologue are some indication that GT5 will sell gazilions on the launch day:

GT5prologue have seen several rereleases in japan(they don't have dlc so if you want newest cars/tracks you have to buy another game),

it was heavily bundled pretty much everywhere and at some point it was the only bundle you could get,

it was budget title from the start,

ps3 have much smaller userbase and huge chunk of GT series sales were always from casual gamers who pretty much never cared about the franchise they wanted only a good looking racing simulator with a console for reasonable price,

it's pretty much the only good racing sim on ps3,

if it wasn't for that it wouldn hit even 2mln copies,

Around the Network
infamous8 said:

thnx twr, good post. seemed like you were a bit generous for F3 though.

5 mil? I doubt it ever sells that much. F2 had a hard time hitting 4 million and was bundled like crazy back in 2007 when the 360 was hot. As already pointed out, sequels during the same gen rarely sell better.

I think the franchise is reaching more people now though... I generally hear about it a lot more than PGR... so I think perhaps XB/360 owners are moving to the Forza franchise more than PGR.

PS users basically only have that one choice anyway.... you don't really need another racing "sim" than GTurismo, which is partly why it sells so well.

waron said:

i would say more like: How bad GT5 sales will be compared to Forza 3 proving that people are tired with game that is still a port frm psx? cause i think this time Forza not only still do better than Forza 2 as usual, but also the gap between GT5 and Forza 3 will be less than 1.5-2mln.
Forza 1 - 1mln LTD
Forza 2 - 4mln LTD
Forza 3 - 5-6.5mln LTD probably

GT5 - maybe 7mln LTD

to people that says sales of Prologue are some indication that GT5 will sell gazilions on the launch day:

GT5prologue have seen several rereleases in japan(they don't have dlc so if you want newest cars/tracks you have to buy another game),

it was heavily bundled pretty much everywhere and at some point it was the only bundle you could get,

it was budget title from the start,

ps3 have much smaller userbase and huge chunk of GT series sales were always from casual gamers who pretty much never cared about the franchise they wanted only a good looking racing simulator with a console for reasonable price,

it's pretty much the only good racing sim on ps3,

if it wasn't for that it wouldn hit even 2mln copies,

LOL you make me laugh....
Anyways, this thread should be locked, it's obvious a troll bait looking at the title.

It's hard to say. I think Forza 3 need to be bundled to sale close with GT5. I say that because MW2 is coming out the same time as Forza 3. We all know MW2 will sell millions on the 360 its 1st week and it's a higher demand than Forza 3. Not only that but Forza need to sell well in Japan too. Look at the last Forza sells in Japan. They wasn't great. GT5 will sell good in all countries.

I'm guessing 7 million for GT5 and 4 million for Forza 3.

infamous8 said:

Forza 2 IIRC sold around 3+ million, and was heavily bundled. I remember getting it with the 360 when I bought the system, and I never even opened the game yet.

That said...sequels rarely sell better when a previous version has already been released for the system. And F3 probably won't be bundled like F2 was.

Now GT5 has historically been a monster success and always sold very well. GT5: Prologue even sold about 3 million copies and it was merely (as the title suggests) a prologue. How much better will GT5 sell than F3?

Wtf is wrong with you!!!  open up the damn game and play the racing sim goodness thats within!  The only real problem i had with forza 2 was the graphics were pretty shitty, and it didn't convey a real sense of speed like it should...but other than that it was racing goodness (60+ hours put into it)

OT: I would say Forza 3 will sell 4.1 million, and GT will sell 8.2 million.  So thats a 4.1 million gap.

Around the Network

Hey infamous you should have said which one will sell the most instaed of how badly will GT5 beat Forza3. 360 fanboys go crazy over stuff like this. Some are already pissed. PS3 and 360 owners know GT5 will sell the most. Forza 3 will be a good game and sale good too.

Feels like flamebait...

4 ≈ One

If there's no hardware pack-in for Forza 3 it'll probably be greater than 5 to 1 in GT5's favor and maybe at worst 4 to 1, if there is it'll be between 3 to 1 and 2 to 1 in GT5's favor.

You do not have the right to never be offended.

Sales wise... this thread should have been put in the Sales discussion forum.

But since this is flamebait, you decided to put it in the forum where it'd get most attention, the main Games forum.

Anyway, really? Have you lost so much confidence in Gran Turismo that the only way you'll see it clearly having an advantage over Forza is sales wise? Even as a 360 fanboy, I'm backing GT5 to be the better game over Forza.

On the PS1 and PS2 there wasn't really any competition to GT other than more niche PC titles. I own every GT game but I will probably pick up the one that is released first and I dont believe im alone in that.

Forza 3 will significantly hurt GT5s sales.

GT5 - 6m
Forza 3 - 4m