By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sales wise - How badly will GT5 beat Forza3

Forza 2 IIRC sold around 3+ million, and was heavily bundled. I remember getting it with the 360 when I bought the system, and I never even opened the game yet.

That said...sequels rarely sell better when a previous version has already been released for the system. And F3 probably won't be bundled like F2 was.

Now GT5 has historically been a monster success and always sold very well. GT5: Prologue even sold about 3 million copies and it was merely (as the title suggests) a prologue. How much better will GT5 sell than F3?

"I don't have time to play video games anymore, but if I did, I would definitely choose the PlayStation 3 instead of the 360" - President Barack Obama

Around the Network

You know GT5 will destroy Forza 3 in sales, so why worry about the gap?

asking out of curiosity my friend... looking for opinions... thats what forums are for.

"I don't have time to play video games anymore, but if I did, I would definitely choose the PlayStation 3 instead of the 360" - President Barack Obama

This will end badly =( At least choose a non-inflammatory title.

woooo another pat eachother on the back thread!!

seriously atleast try to have a title without complete bias

Im not saying GT5 wont out sell forza 3, it most probably will, but this is like someone making a "How much will Wii Sports Resort completely OMFGPWN all PS360 games"

Around the Network

Forza 3 is an important exclusive to Microsoft and will be pushed hard by them. Look how they pushed Halo to the stratosphere. Maybe Forza 3 can keep even sales. Don't sell the skin till you have caught the bear.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

By about the same ammount that Gears of War 2 beat Resistance 2??

wow I just asked an honest question and now look at all these Xbots getting upset

I would say at best Forza could do between 1/2 and 2/3 of GT5 sales. At worst it will do around 1/4.... and my suspicions are it will manage around 1/3.

In other words about 3-3.5 million for Forza, and 9-9.5 million for GT5.

Or, to include the best/worst scenarios:

Game: Least

thnx twr, good post. seemed like you were a bit generous for F3 though.

5 mil? I doubt it ever sells that much. F2 had a hard time hitting 4 million and was bundled like crazy back in 2007 when the 360 was hot. As already pointed out, sequels during the same gen rarely sell better.