By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sales wise - How badly will GT5 beat Forza3

Considering the biggest selling title on the PS3 is currently GTA4 at 5.6 million, I seriously doubt that GT5 will ever reach more than 7 million. I suspect you will be looking at approx 3.5million GT5 sales in the first year, followed by a steady trickle after that. Forza 3 will probably sell about 3 million in the first year rising to about 6 million over its lifetime. 

Around the Network

I don't think Gt5 will "beat" Forza. It will outsell Forza though. As for beating, they technically couldn't care less about each other. As long as the developers make money, they are happy.

Forza 3
Americas 2.5, japan .05, Others 1.5, Total 4.05m

Gran Turismo 5
Americas 2, japan 1.5, Others 2.5, Total 6m

i honestly think it will be neck and neck or forza will win

sony games have almost all sold terribly this gen, and ms has had monster hit after monster hit

its more than likely a tie or a forza win to me.

just how this gen has gone

personally i dont care, as i have no desire for EITHER game to join my collection

Last year's game of the year turned out to be Silent Hill : Shattered Memories (online GOTY was COD 6).  This year's GOTY leader to me is Heavy Rain.

Wii Friend Code: 4094-4604-1880-6889

While this was a flamebait thread, 360 fans get so offended over the idea that the game they like would be outsold. Xbox fans constantly mock PS3 fans for the lower sales of their games, but then when something like this happens, they throw a fit.

Around the Network

I doubt Forza 3 will even match Prologue's LTD sales (Prologue is at ~3.7mil and will probs end up not too far off 4mil by GT5's full release).

I have no doubt that Microsoft will push Forza 3 hard this holiday to propel it as a franchise, but as Montana said - it's easy to forget in the heat of all this hype (hi, Selnor!) that Forza just isn't that huge a franchise.

Forza 2 managed 4mil, with about 2mil of that being bundled (that holiday 2007 bundle of Forza 2 and Marvel vs. Capcom).

Guess it depends on whether and, if so, to what extent Microsoft repeats history by bundling it this holiday...

When will FORZA 3 release? What 360 games will it compete against? Will GT5 make it to the Holidays, or will it be pushed back to 2010? These play a factor in both games sales. Can FORZA 3 sell well with Modern Warfare 2, L4D2 and Halo ODST releasing in the fall/winter? I can't see this game selling well without bundles against those that have the potential to sell 6-8 million at the end of the holidays (L4D2 excluded).

yeah 2mln was bundled alone - yeah right, just like Killzone 2 sales are thanks to fans buying the game and not the fact that Killzone 2 bundle was the only way to buy ps3 for like 2-3 months. Forza 3 will outsell Forza 2 and looks like ps3 fanboys can't stand the fact that probably will end up at the same level or little lower than GT5 sales. almost 50% of GT sales in the past were thanks to casual gamers that didn't have any other option to play racing sim. right now they have a choice wait tfor GT5 and buy 400$ console or buy Forza 3 right now and 200$ console - first come, first served so sorry, but GT5 won't hit more than 7-7.5mln LTD.

people saying that it can't sell well cause it's against shooters - well i doubt you can shoot something in Forza. it's different market so it doesn't matter how many good shooters will come. the only competition in 2009 is NFS Shift so how can Forza 3 sell bad?

GT will sell much better thats given, it will also be bundled. But does it matter? Forza will sell great anyway because they both are great Racing games.

And both combined wont even reach levels of MkWii

MontanaHatchet said:
While this was a flamebait thread, 360 fans get so offended over the idea that the game they like would be outsold. Xbox fans constantly mock PS3 fans for the lower sales of their games, but then when something like this happens, they throw a fit.

WOW!!!

As a mod you had two options when you entered this thread

A) close the so called flamebait thread

or

B) add fuel to the fire

Glad you picked "B"!

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)