By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Bring Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker On Wii, Konami

The only way to play Wii games is if the games are made from ground up for Wii. (Okami is an exception)

I LOVE ICELAND!

Around the Network
skeezer said:
If you really want this game why not play it on a PSP, I mean if that's where it's going thats where it will probably stay.

I'd rather play it on the Wii on a bigger screen TV. I don't play games on the go because I really don't get a chance to sit down for 1-2 hours to play on a handheld game system when I'm out of the house. I hate the analog nub on the PSP as well, and the PSP has no rumble (which I find to be a nice addition to the MGS games). 

The Wii could also have much better graphics, look at the Monster Hunter games on the PSP versus Monster Hunter 3 on the Wii ... huge difference. Konami even has the MGS3 engine which could be enhanced for the Wii ... this wouldn't even take a huge amount of effort and they'd open up the game to another 50 million userbase. 

The "built for Wii or bust" thing is B.S. anyway ... Resident Evil 4 isn't "built for Wii", yet it's one of the best games on the platform. Whereas the light gun shooter Resident Evil games are built for Wii ... and they're not as good as RE4. 

Just because a game is tailor made for the Wii doesn't automatically make it better or even good to begin with. Some of the best games on the Wii (Mario Galaxy and Punch-Out!!) make nominal use of the motion sensing/waggle, I would not die if MGS: PW was on Wii and the Wiimote control was used selectively. I don't need to get up off the couch and do a dance like I'm playing DDR for every game.

Third parties will never give the Wii their big series, save for a few exceptions, so it's not gonna happen. Besides, Konami has made clear that the Wii isn't getting anything fro them at all, the only good thing is a multiplat PSP/Wii game remake of the first Silent Hill, while PS3, 360 are getting a true Castlevania and MGS games. PSP is also getting new MGS games. Wii is crap for Konami, even when outselling 2:1 the HD consoles in Japan. All it got are mini game fests, kiddie games and late PES ports. Oh and a fantastic Castlevania fighter ROFL.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

A PSP port?? You kidding? LOL

Well Silent Hill Shattered Memories is a great example right there. It's for the PSP as well as the Wii, yet who would want the PSP version over the Wii version?

If Konami can put Silent Hill: Shattered Memories on both Wii and PSP, there's no reason Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker can't get the same treatment.

Again I think if Monster Hunter 3 (Capcom) is a big hit for the Wii, Konami will reconsider because they'll feel more confident with the Wii platform with more core style games and they may want to get in on that also.

To be fair to Konami I do see probably what is part of their arguement -- there isn't a great track record of core games selling great on the Wii. If Monster Hunter 3 can start to change that perception and/or Silent Hill sells reasonably well ... I think MGS: Peace Walker will come to Wii. 

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
skeezer said:
If you really want this game why not play it on a PSP, I mean if that's where it's going thats where it will probably stay.

I'd rather play it on the Wii on a bigger screen TV. I don't play games on the go because I really don't get a chance to sit down for 1-2 hours to play on a handheld game system when I'm out of the house. I hate the analog nub on the PSP as well, and the PSP has no rumble (which I find to be a nice addition to the MGS games). 

The Wii could also have much better graphics, look at the Monster Hunter games on the PSP versus Monster Hunter 3 on the Wii ... huge difference. Konami even has the MGS3 engine which could be enhanced for the Wii ... this wouldn't even take a huge amount of effort and they'd open up the game to another 50 million userbase. 

The "built for Wii or bust" thing is B.S. anyway ... Resident Evil 4 isn't "built for Wii", yet it's one of the best games on the platform. Whereas the light gun shooter Resident Evil games are built for Wii ... and they're not as good as RE4. 

Just because a game is tailor made for the Wii doesn't automatically make it better or even good to begin with. Some of the best games on the Wii (Mario Galaxy and Punch-Out!!) make nominal use of the motion sensing/waggle, I would not die if MGS: PW was on Wii and the Wiimote control was used selectively. I don't need to get up off the couch and do a dance like I'm playing DDR for every game.

The only Wii game I have ever had to stand up to play was WarioWare Smooth Moves, for a minigame that required dancing........

The idea that people look ridiculous playing the Wii is inaccurate. I either play it sitting down or laying down. The motions aren't large enough to need too much space.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

SaviorX said:
Soundwave said:
skeezer said:

The only Wii game I have ever had to stand up to play was WarioWare Smooth Moves, for a minigame that required dancing........

The idea that people look ridiculous playing the Wii is inaccurate. I either play it sitting down or laying down. The motions aren't large enough to need too much space.

The opposite is true too. Not every Wii game needs to reinvent the wheel to be good, in fact probably the three highest quality games on the Wii (Mario Galaxy, RE4, and Punch-Out!!) are all pretty traditional, one of them is even just a GC port. 

If MGS: Peace Walker is a good game ... why not have it on the Wii. It would benefit in many ways over the PSP. Better analog, better graphics, ability to play on a bigger screen, rumble, and the potential for some Wiimote additions like some pointer aiming perhaps. 

It's also a low risk way for Konami to at least see if there is some interest for the franchise on the Wii, and it would be much better than porting an old game. MGS: Peace Walker is a new game, with a new story, a player on Wii shouldn't feel any more slighted playing this game than a 360 owner should feel upset that somewhere a PS3 owner is enjoying BioShock 2 or Assassin's Creed 2 just as much as they are. 

Who cares really. 

I would love to have this game come to the Wii.

Ask stefl1504 for a sig, even if you don't need one.

I also do find it kinda funny that some people will argue all day that Modern Warfare 2 or Resident Evil 5 should be on Wii even though those games would have to likely be scaled down a lot to run on the Wii, but a game like MGS: Peace Walker that figures to be pretty good to begin with that could be very much enhanced on the Wii is apparently a bad move, lol.

They won't unless you take off Kojima from Konami.