By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - G4TV : PSEye is MORE Precise than NATAL!!

megaman79 said:
CGI-Quality said:
megaman79 said:
CGI-Quality said:
megaman79 said:
This is all irrelivent. Iwata had already looked at these other technologies so unless it was price alone Nintendo made the best choice. http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=75756&page=1

Anyway who cares how precise it is, it was most likely the ease of use that attracted so many casuals to begin with, not the precision.

Why does that matter? Both Sony and Microsoft are trying something a bit different from their norms. I see the industry moving forward, and I applaud it.

It matters because arguing about the accuracy of motion control when both consoles users NEVER arguably cared for, or defended the potential, of this type of control prior to last week is the height of hypocracy.

If core players really gave a shit about motion controls on the PS3 and 360 they would have said so or gone and bought core games on the Wii. In most cases they didnt do either.

That still doesn't answer my question, in fact, it sounds like you are looking for a reason to rant on the HD crowd. Frankly, what Sony and Microsoft are doing is good, if it means forwarding the industry. What's so wrong with that?

There is nothing wrong with that. All i said was Iwata had already explored these technologies (his quote) and that clearly suggests that Nintendo went with the most accurate choice.

But i also believe that less accuracy ultimately made the majority of users more comfortable bcoz of its ease of use. I was simply posing a hypothetical for why less is more.

I don't think they went with the most accurate, I think they went with the best option that maximises accuracy, style and price. That was three years ago but, seeing as EyeToy was available then they must have looked at similair technologies like Natal. As the estimated price currently sits quite high for the thing, it was even more three years ago, nintendo opted for the best option then. Perhaps Sony will be on par but, I doubt that Natal will make its promisses true. At least when it comes to the revolutionary part.

The Doctor will see you now  Promoting Lesbianism -->

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
How does a sony exec know how accurate a (not yet finished) MS product is? idiot.

haha +1 gotta love these kind of threads

/failthread

Shadowblind said:
megaman79 said:
CGI-Quality said:
megaman79 said:
This is all irrelivent. Iwata had already looked at these other technologies so unless it was price alone Nintendo made the best choice. http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=75756&page=1

Anyway who cares how precise it is, it was most likely the ease of use that attracted so many casuals to begin with, not the precision.

Why does that matter? Both Sony and Microsoft are trying something a bit different from their norms. I see the industry moving forward, and I applaud it.

It matters because arguing about the accuracy of motion control when both consoles users NEVER arguably cared for, or defended the potential, of this type of control prior to last week is the height of hypocracy.

If core players really gave a shit about motion controls on the PS3 and 360 they would have said so or gone and bought core games on the Wii. In most cases they didnt do either.

Wrong.

Explain to me why a PS3 owner would care about IR control in the first place. They aren't being hypocritical, they've had no reason to care about it. Anyone who has said motion control is a stupid idea is a hypocrite, but then I ask why they would say that, seeing as Sony made motion control before Nintendo. I don't know who ever said motion control is a potentially bad idea. If they have said that about the Wii, its possible they are saying that about the Wii's IR control, not motion control. I.e. how the IR control is executed on the Wii.

Yeah...not everyone who is a core gamer likes Mario.

Sony made motion controls before nintendo?

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

Well that was kid of obvious from the painting done with both technologies, the Natal demo looked like a finger painting by a 4 year old. Even handwriting was very precise with Sony's demo.

Also with the Natal demos delay was obvious. More promising is IMO the recognition software, but we haven't seen any realtime demos of this nor read about hands-on impressions.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

CGI-Quality said:
From what I saw, Sony's precision was definitely better. I was just a bit more impressed with the Milo scenario as a whole.

Both impressed though, good for them.

Now how did I know you'd be all about some creepy digital kid?

Oh, wait. All your avatars.

Around the Network

Well, what do you expect any of the companies to say? Our product sucks?

jesus kung fu magic said:
Shadowblind said:
megaman79 said:
CGI-Quality said:
megaman79 said:

Wrong.

Explain to me why a PS3 owner would care about IR control in the first place. They aren't being hypocritical, they've had no reason to care about it. Anyone who has said motion control is a stupid idea is a hypocrite, but then I ask why they would say that, seeing as Sony made motion control before Nintendo. I don't know who ever said motion control is a potentially bad idea. If they have said that about the Wii, its possible they are saying that about the Wii's IR control, not motion control. I.e. how the IR control is executed on the Wii.

Eyetoy, J-man!

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

@shadowblind

but the eyetoy was horrible!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Misleading title. Locked.

Shadowblind said:
jesus kung fu magic said:
Shadowblind said:
megaman79 said:
CGI-Quality said:
megaman79 said:

Wrong.

Eyetoy, J-man!

Yes sony was the first to make a motion camera but Nintendo made motion controls way before that(power glove back in the nes days).

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!