By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - G4TV : PSEye is MORE Precise than NATAL!!

darthdevidem01 said:
@jesus

no, g4tv didn't even mention the exec in their title, so I assumed they were reporting the story.......I'm innocent!

Its ok darth , we all know how you have an addiction towards vg$. The first step is admiting your addiction.... (lol)

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

Around the Network
yanamaster said:
Wii motion+ is also 1:1 while Natal is a multi level 1:1 device with a full blown 3d camera. So i would think that Natal is the most accurate out of all 3 products. Only thing is that wm+ is the only one that will be successful in any greater way.

Wii motion plus isnt one to one in a 3d space, and Natal isnt even 1:1, the playstation eye is the same thing as natal functionality wise.

mM

Darthy, I'm disappointed. Quoting the Sony director of marketing as being G4TV? For Shame!

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

CGI-Quality said:
megaman79 said:
This is all irrelivent. Iwata had already looked at these other technologies so unless it was price alone Nintendo made the best choice. http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=75756&page=1

Anyway who cares how precise it is, it was most likely the ease of use that attracted so many casuals to begin with, not the precision.

Why does that matter? Both Sony and Microsoft are trying something a bit different from their norms. I see the industry moving forward, and I applaud it.

It matters because arguing about the accuracy of motion control when both consoles users NEVER arguably cared for, or defended the potential, of this type of control prior to last week is the height of hypocracy.

If core players really gave a shit about motion controls on the PS3 and 360 they would have said so or gone and bought core games on the Wii. In most cases they didnt do either.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

megaman79 said:
CGI-Quality said:
megaman79 said:
This is all irrelivent. Iwata had already looked at these other technologies so unless it was price alone Nintendo made the best choice. http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=75756&page=1

Anyway who cares how precise it is, it was most likely the ease of use that attracted so many casuals to begin with, not the precision.

Why does that matter? Both Sony and Microsoft are trying something a bit different from their norms. I see the industry moving forward, and I applaud it.

It matters because arguing about the accuracy of motion control when both consoles users NEVER arguably cared for, or defended the potential, of this type of control prior to last week is the height of hypocracy.

If core players really gave a shit about motion controls on the PS3 and 360 they would have said so or gone and bought core games on the Wii. In most cases they didnt do either.

I'd like to go on record and say I DON'T WANT MOTION! I even sent a message to auxum saying "Fuck motion I don't want it" and during G4TV live blogging I said "Dear lord Sony please don't show motion I DONT WANT IT!"

Around the Network
megaman79 said:
CGI-Quality said:
megaman79 said:

Wrong.

Explain to me why a PS3 owner would care about IR control in the first place. They aren't being hypocritical, they've had no reason to care about it. Anyone who has said motion control is a stupid idea is a hypocrite, but then I ask why they would say that, seeing as Sony made motion control before Nintendo. I don't know who ever said motion control is a potentially bad idea. If they have said that about the Wii, its possible they are saying that about the Wii's IR control, not motion control. I.e. how the IR control is executed on the Wii.

Yeah...not everyone who is a core gamer likes Mario.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

CGI-Quality said:
megaman79 said:
CGI-Quality said:
megaman79 said:

That still doesn't answer my question, in fact, it sounds like you are looking for a reason to rant on the HD crowd. Frankly, what Sony and Microsoft are doing is good, if it means forwarding the industry. What's so wrong with that?

There is nothing wrong with that. All i said was Iwata had already explored these technologies (his quote) and that clearly suggests that Nintendo went with the most accurate choice.

But i also believe that less accuracy ultimately made the majority of users more comfortable bcoz of its ease of use. I was simply posing a hypothetical for why less is more.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Well considering who he works for.... I don't expect him to say "Natal's the shit!!! Way better than that Wand and Camera thing we have going on!!!"

4 ≈ One

Shadowblind said:
megaman79 said:
CGI-Quality said:
megaman79 said:

Wrong.

Explain to me why a PS3 owner would care about IR control in the first place. They aren't being hypocritical, they've had no reason to care about it. Anyone who has said motion control is a stupid idea is a hypocrite, but then I ask why they would say that, seeing as Sony made motion control before Nintendo. I don't know who ever said motion control is a potentially bad idea. If they have said that about the Wii, its possible they are saying that about the Wii's IR control, not motion control. I.e. how the IR control is executed on the Wii.

Yeah...not everyone who is a core gamer likes Mario.

That sounds like complete bullshit, sorry but most people have said something like this: IR = good, waggle = bad.

megaman79 said:

The exact quote is "Satoru Iwata said his company had made experimental games controlled by camera-based sensors, but got better results with the accelerometers it eventually chose to use for its Wii console."

Good to know, because Sony's wands have their position tracked by the camera and their orientation tracked by accelerometers. So it's not a camera-only solution. And Natal works in an entirely different way, 3d imaging followed by a skeletal modelling, that at Nintendo haven't really experimented unless they've developed in secret the same kind of tech MS bought lately.

As to who cares about precision, WM+ says hi. Wouldn't it have been better if the Wiimotes came out with that precision right from the start instead of requiring an add-on device? Nintendo surely seems to think that it will be more and more needed for future game development.

"All you need in life is ignorance and confidence; then success is sure." - Mark Twain

"..." - Gordon Freeman