By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSP Go and Buy All-New Accessories

PSP Go and buy all-new accessories

click to enlarge
Sony had a spot in its press-only booth area reserved for showing off the various accessories that will be available for PSP Go when it hits US shelves on October 1. There were cases, wrist straps, Sony-branded screen protectors ... and wait, what was that? Since the handheld doesn't have a standard mini USB port like the PSP-3000, we'll have to buy all new accessories? Sad, but true.

The PSP Go has a new multifunction port on its base (check out the video!) that is used for everything from data transfer to charging to video output. While asking owners of the older model to change a USB cable is not really a big deal, the fact that more expensive existing accessories -- such as component A/V cables, voice headsets and pretty much anything made to work with the 3000 -- are completely incompatible is cringe-worthy. That's not even taking into account third-party add-ons, or things like Sony's own GPS module.

We know Sony is planning a trade-in program for UMD games; somehow we think the company won't be extending the same offer to include cables, peripherals and other accessories.

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

Around the Network

im still buying this..I cant wait, but damn thats alot of rebuying who SEGA

Xxain said:
im still buying this..I cant wait, but damn thats alot of rebuying who SEGA

sadly... i'm probably going to be buying many as well..

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

Im only gonna buy the Screen protector, Av cables and USB cables..whats the AC adaptor???

Xxain said:
Im only gonna buy the Screen protector, Av cables and USB cables..whats the AC adaptor???

It doesn't have a USB...

Thats why you need a new AC Adaptor..

Around the Network

I'm still in the process of comprehending WHY the Go is a more worthy than a 3k.

If it comes with the USB cord, I don't care. Judging from past PSP units, the strap and pouch will be bundled aswell, no?? I'm still getting this and selling my PSP2001 model. Perhaps my PSP1000 aswell if I can find a buyer...

There are only a few PSP games coming that I want to play, I hardly play any right now. So i'm not worried about 16GB not being enough [even though I'll have a 4GB memstick in there to, making it a 20GB]. It'll mainly be a multimedia device for me, one that's actually portable. XD

4 ≈ One

sega4life said:
Xxain said:

It doesn't have a USB...

Thats why you need a new AC Adaptor..

How is the AC going to help file transfers?

This should only be a problem for people upgrading to the Go! then. My only issue is that the PSP Camera wont be supported by the Go! (though a solution is being worked on apparently), and I want to play Invizimals!

Xxain said:

Alternating Current Adapter, or... powerplug if you prefer the common name. [yes... I just wanted to say some fancy shit :)]

And I think I'll be getting a screen protecter or two... I'm hoping it comes with the new USB cord, if not... I'll be pissed.

4 ≈ One