By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rockstar Develops Agent Exclusively Out of Confidence in PlayStation

vitoaf27 said:
jcp234 said:
rukusa said:
I find it mostly ridiculous how certainly articles and people are trying to discredit R* and/or downplay exclusivity because the platform in question is the PS3.

It sorta displays a large sense of jealous imo and/or the fact this could be something big that some people will miss out on when it lands.

It's even more ridiculous that you think someone can be "jealous" of a console. If someone really wants to play the game, said person can purchase a PS3.

By the time this game releases, the price of the PS3 will have declined significantly. I plan to purchase a PS3 for God of War III.

Most posters just get really frustrated and annoyed with illogical pretentious PS3 fanboy posting, which you are a contributor to as well.

There is really no other reason but that. Sorry to ruin your blissful ignorance.

If you really want to help the PS3 fanboy movement, it would behove you and other fanboys to try to post with some intelligence, restraint and logic.

That is all...

No offense, but there is such a thing as Microsoft, Nintendo, and many other types of fanboys. Sony fanboys aren't the only ones that are annoying. But this kind of IS a Sony forum, so for you[or anyone else who comes in here complaining about Sony fanboys] to come in here and say that is even MORE ridiculous.

So, you think I came into the Sony forum looking to start trouble? I only select topics that appear on the front page and that I have posted in before.

I NEVER search through any of the forums. My participation on this site is usually limited to the homepage.

Aside from that, regardless of what forum this is located in, there is enough false information floating around on the internet....

And lets be honest, on this site...Sony fanboys are the most extreme...and they clearly outnumber the other groups...and they do not make the smallest attempt to be subtle. Their blind bias is tactless and very much obvious.

Oh, and I guess it's Ok for Sony fanboys to instult and misconstrue the intent of posters who are just trying to make a little sense of their ramblings?

I'm not a fanboy, I just try to tip the balance in favor of logic and common sense.

Around the Network

BITTORRENT

jcp234 said:
vitoaf27 said:
jcp234 said:
rukusa said:
I find it mostly ridiculous how certainly articles and people are trying to discredit R* and/or downplay exclusivity because the platform in question is the PS3.

It sorta displays a large sense of jealous imo and/or the fact this could be something big that some people will miss out on when it lands.

It's even more ridiculous that you think someone can be "jealous" of a console. If someone really wants to play the game, said person can purchase a PS3.

By the time this game releases, the price of the PS3 will have declined significantly. I plan to purchase a PS3 for God of War III.

Most posters just get really frustrated and annoyed with illogical pretentious PS3 fanboy posting, which you are a contributor to as well.

There is really no other reason but that. Sorry to ruin your blissful ignorance.

If you really want to help the PS3 fanboy movement, it would behove you and other fanboys to try to post with some intelligence, restraint and logic.

That is all...

No offense, but there is such a thing as Microsoft, Nintendo, and many other types of fanboys. Sony fanboys aren't the only ones that are annoying. But this kind of IS a Sony forum, so for you[or anyone else who comes in here complaining about Sony fanboys] to come in here and say that is even MORE ridiculous.

So, you think I came into the Sony forum looking to start trouble? I only select topics that appear on the front page and that I have posted in before.

I NEVER search through any of the forums. My participation on this site is usually limited to the homepage.

Aside from that, regardless of what forum this is located in, there is enough false information floating around on the internet....

And lets be honest, on this site...Sony fanboys are the most extreme...and they clearly outnumber the other groups...and they do not make the smallest attempt to be subtle. Their blind bias is tactless and very much obvious.

Oh, and I guess it's Ok for Sony fanboys to instult and misconstrue the intent of posters who are just trying to make a little sense of their ramblings?

No, I don't think you meant to start trouble. But that line I bolded in your previous post seemed like it was a cheap shot and could have easily been left out of your post. I'll make this easy for you. Would you like somebody coming into your house and calling you[or your friends, for lack of a better analogy] annoying? I don't think so. You came into the Sony forums and called Sony fanboys annoying. That's rude and immature if you ask me. I don't really mean to single you out because there are A LOT worse posters than you who say a lot worse things, and I can't be sure that Sony fans don't do the same in Microsoft and Nintendo forums because I don't visit them, but it had to be said.

Oh, and one last thing @bolded. This site does have a majority of Sony fans, so yes it's logical that Sony'd have the most fanboys as well. But if you've ever visited Gamespot or IGN forums, it's sickening sometimes.

forevercloud3000 said:
gebx said:
forevercloud3000 said:
You know people, sometimes there ARE better incentives then deniro to do something. MGS4 was exclusive to PS3 for the Idea of utilizing the PS3's power alone. Kojima KEPT it exclusive for this reason and for good will alone.

Now I know we have seen quite a few times now exclusivity become engulfed by the mighty dollar and in turn go MP. Yet MGS4 has proven a possibility for the alternative for 3rd parties.

And exclusive games get more media buzz anyway.

And why does that only apply to the Playstation consoles??

it doesn't. Gears of War much(although MS might have thrown in some added security because they are....you know.....MS...)

And THAT is exactly what I mean.  I believe that Sony paid Rockstar, and that belief has just as much proof as your statement.  It is inconceivable to some that companies may make an exclusive for the 360 for anything other than money. 

Larger userbase?  Friendlier development platform?  More PC-like architechture?  Most of the power without most of the pain?  Nah... it must be about money. 

Then people wonder why there is such backlash!  If I were a 360 fan, I would be laughing about/ tearing this apart too.  Money-hatting happens on all sides (well, probably not Nintendo, looking at 3rd party output).  Only a fool would believe otherwise.

vitoaf27 said:
jcp234 said:
vitoaf27 said:
jcp234 said:
rukusa said:

That is all...

No, I don't think you meant to start trouble. But that line I bolded in your previous post seemed like it was a cheap shot and could have easily been left out of your post. I'll make this easy for you. Would you like somebody coming into your house and calling you[or your friends, for lack of a better analogy] annoying? I don't think so. You came into the Sony forums and called Sony fanboys annoying. That's rude and immature if you ask me. I don't really mean to single you out because there are A LOT worse posters than you who say a lot worse things, and I can't be sure that Sony fans don't do the same in Microsoft and Nintendo forums because I don't visit them, but it had to be said.

Oh, and one last thing @bolded. This site does have a majority of Sony fans, so yes it's logical that Sony'd have the most fanboys as well. But if you've ever visited Gamespot or IGN forums, it's sickening sometimes.

LOL I had no idea that the Sony's forum was their home? Have they finished making the payments on that home? Whatever point you are/were trying to make, I am not convinced. I appreciate your efforts to be civil though. Blatantly communicating false or misleading information should be corrected regardless of where it happens...

You can call me whatever you like, you can dress it up however you like...it doesn't change the facts. This thread is full of illogical Sony fanboys and when someone attempts to interject with logic...said posters are labeled as "jealous" or "bashers" LOL That tickles me.

Also, your "home" example isn't really effective or logical...It's labeled the Sony forum because that's where Sony related topics are discussed. It isn't owned by Sony fanboys or supporters collectively...and it is not a safe zone for fanboys to spew misleading nonsense unchallenged...I apologize if you were under the impression that it was.

It's funny that you question my maturity, because I question your ability to rationalize given the things you have communicated thus far.

That is all...

I'm not a fanboy, I just try to tip the balance in favor of logic and common sense.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Mirson said:
badgenome said:
CGI-Quality said:
badgenome said:
NJ5 said:

I have read through the whole thread and didn't notice anyone bashing the game...

Yeah, I haven't either. I have seen two or three people complaining about non-existant bashing, though.

There are people bashing the notion of why it's PS3 exclusive. If you missed that, re-read the thread. I think you know what darth was talking about. It may not be bashing the game specifically, but it's a negative tone towards a game they haven't seen yet.

Talks of delays, how it's stupid to be PS3 exclusive etc, etc...... What I find hysterical is R* is ACTUALLY still making a PS3 exclusive when people doubted that they were.

That makes no sense. He put Rockstar in the same category as Miyamoto or Bungie, so he's obviously talking about game quality - even though he lied and agreed with your interpretation because he had been called out on his delusions.

As for talk of "delays," given that it's Sony (who always announces shit way too early) and Rockstar (who are super ambitious, and especially in this case where they're comparing it to GTA), and the fact that we didn't see any screens, a teaser, or anything but a logo... I don't think it's bashing to suggest that it's probably a 2011 game.

Regarding PS3 excusivity, if it's wrong to bash the idea, it's also wrong of forevercloud to misconstrue the article to say that Rockstar is developing a PS3 exclusive just because they have soooooo much confidence in the Playstation brand. I thought everyone knew by now that Rockstar agreed to make a new game for Sony after being allowed to take GTA multiplatform.

It's also pretty funny that he's accusing Microsoft of moneyhatting with every other breath, and that he point blank said that Sony had some kind of moral objection to paying for exclusivity, but I guess that's neither here nor there.

Curse your logic and reasoning. It has no business doing here.

PS3 FTW!!!

I used logic and reason. But since this is negative to PS3, I expect you to be all over it.

Ah, the ole "Mirson is anti-PS3."

fyi: I like the PS3, PS3 fanboys are a different story. You'd be surprised how often I use my PS3. Hell, I just got off playing Warhawk and KZ2 for 3 hours straight.

Crazymann said:
forevercloud3000 said:
gebx said:
forevercloud3000 said:
You know people, sometimes there ARE better incentives then deniro to do something. MGS4 was exclusive to PS3 for the Idea of utilizing the PS3's power alone. Kojima KEPT it exclusive for this reason and for good will alone.

Now I know we have seen quite a few times now exclusivity become engulfed by the mighty dollar and in turn go MP. Yet MGS4 has proven a possibility for the alternative for 3rd parties.

And exclusive games get more media buzz anyway.

And why does that only apply to the Playstation consoles??

it doesn't. Gears of War much(although MS might have thrown in some added security because they are....you know.....MS...)

And THAT is exactly what I mean.  I believe that Sony paid Rockstar, and that belief has just as much proof as your statement.  It is inconceivable to some that companies may make an exclusive for the 360 for anything other than money. 

Larger userbase?  Friendlier development platform?  More PC-like architechture?  Most of the power without most of the pain?  Nah... it must be about money. 

Then people wonder why there is such backlash!  If I were a 360 fan, I would be laughing about/ tearing this apart too.  Money-hatting happens on all sides (well, probably not Nintendo, looking at 3rd party output).  Only a fool would believe otherwise.

I would like to refer you to my "bidding war" argument. I do not completely dismiss the idea that Sony could possibly be doing the old moneyhat routine to nab this as exclusive but I highly doubt it. As I stated before, Sony cannot, repeat, CANNOT win in a bidding war against MS. If sony was paying R* for exclusivity, I assure you, MS would double the deal and have it too on their system. MS has already proven to want any 3rd party game that has ever been tied to the Sony name. This is R* after all, anything they do is big. Why would MS just decide to pass this up? Truth of the matter is, they wouldn't. Unfortunately for them, this is not an issue of money, but an entirely different agenda at hand.

And this goes for big 3rd party games such as MGS4 as well. We know MS wants it, if it were about money, they would already have it by now. If Sony was moneyhatting they would not have lost FFXIII, DMC4, AC, GTA4, etc exclusivity. That would be the only purpose of moneyhatting in the first place, securing the exclusive(or in MS's case, getting companies to break exclusivity).

@CGI

surely you can see the plausability of the above.

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

I was wondering aren't those guys in Eight Days agents? Too me that game has a little GTA vibe. Sony (London) and Rockstar North working together? Isn't blending clips with gameplay genre define-ing?

Just a thought.

Distant Star said:
I was wondering aren't those guys in Eight Days agents? Too me that game has a little GTA vibe. Sony (London) and Rockstar North working together? Isn't blending clips with gameplay genre define-ing?

Just a thought.

Eight Days was definitely not a counter-intelligence thriller set in the 70s.

It was/would have been like Uncharted, but with more focus on chases & guns.

Rstar make quality games.

<embed src="http://card.mygamercard.net/gears2goty/omar7700.swf" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="198" height="135">
</embed>