By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What is your SAT/ACT score?

The IQ thread inspired this.  Anyways, I will get the ball rolling.  I never took the ACT, and I took the SAT once scoring:

1460 with Verbal 740 and Math 720.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Around the Network

I only took the ACT, and I got a 31. I feel I could have done better, but a 31 was good enough, so yeah.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

1530 and 35.

.... some part of me objects to this thread.

Got a 26 when I took it in 6th grade (don't remember how I got to take it then) and 31 when I took it in high school. Fuck if I know what I would get if I took it now.

Just for reference, the standard deviations for the SAT are at every 200 points, with 1000 in the middle. IQ tests work the same way with standard deviations at every 15 points with the middle at 100. A score of 1200 puts you in about the top 33-36 percentile. A score of 1400 puts you in about the top 2-5 percentile.

The ACT I assume works in a similar way. The average is supposed to be 21 or 22.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Around the Network

Aren't SAT scores much higher now than they used to be?  I remember when I took it in the early 90's, 1200 was a high score.  Now people seem to crap out 1200s left and right.  I know they made changes a few years after I took it.

Kobex said:
Aren't SAT scores much higher now than they used to be? I remember when I took it in the early 90's, 1200 was a high score. Now people seem to crap out 1200s left and right. I know they made changes a few years after I took it.

A question I would like answered, as well. When I took mine back in 96/97 and got a 1240, it was enough to get a full academic scholarship to the University of Maryland. I get the feeling I wouldn't be getting that same deal nowadays ...

Yeah, SATs are different now. When i took them, Perfect score was a 1600, but i took them the final year before the new SATs came out, which now have 3 sections, each 800 points, totaling to a max of 2400. They took out all the analogies apparently in the verbal, increased the math knowledge requirement(before it was pretty much just up to Algebra 2 info, now your tested as high as trig i think.) and added a written portion where you gotta write and essay on some topic.

SAT in 1994 (7th grade): 710 math, 340 verbal, 1050 total.
SAT in 1998 (11th grade): 800 math, 690 verbal, 1490 total.

Never took the ACT.

I only took the ACT in 2004/5, somewhere around there. I got a 29 because of that damn hit-and-miss Science section. I had a 32 in math, but the 24 in Science brought everything down.

I did take the PSAT however. Scored a 207 and was ranked 98%.