By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What is your SAT/ACT score?

omgwtfbbq said:
we don't have SAT or ACT here in Australia. I tend to agree with the thinking that one test shouldn't determine so much. When I finished high school my TER was 97.65
That's a percentile so the number is slightly more meaningful that the seemingly random SAT scores you guys are showing.

You beat me - I only managed 94.1% - the median score for my year.

(if only I didn't have to do agriculture... I could have picked up 4u maths, and would have ended up around 97% I think. And I was never impressed that computer studies were brought in the year *after* I finished...).

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network

I forget honestly but my College Placement Test rated me higher then my SAT/ACT scores did.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Here we don't have that ones, but I guess it will be like this:

Crap @ Math
Kick ass @ Verbal

770 Math, 740 Verbal, 1510 total.

I'm pretty well rounded skill-wise. I never took the ACT because my SAT was enough for a scholarship to IUPUI.

tarheel91 said:
Lingyis said:
any top 7th grader from china or russia should score easily 800 on SAT math.

it's so ridiculously easy it's not even funny, and just keeps getting easier. even the GRE math is ridiculously easy.

this just begs to be brought up in any SAT thread. and then the discussion goes into how education systems differ... the US system is probably still superior, in any case.

I really doubt that unless they're teaching Geometry in sixth grade to most students. You really need a solid foundation in Geometry to do 700+ and have your basic Algebra skills refined like mad to consistently get 800s. I was two years ahead of grade level and took Geometry in the eigth grade. I'm finding it very unrealistic for a non prodigy/autistic (gifted in math, of course) child to do that well on the SAT.

I disagree entirely - I was an English major and I think I could've done that well on the Math section of the SATs.  I agree that they're shamefully easy, but I think that it's made to compensate for the decent percentage of the US's population that just can't do math.  And a lot of that comes down to the attitudes towards math and science within our country, and a sort of defeatism that comes when you don't immediately "get" it, because both are much more abstract than reading most books you read in grade school.

Around the Network

So...so...you guys realize that the average score on the SAT's are from 1000-1100 right?

Actually, according to the college board (the people who come up with the test), it's 1017 total between the math and verbal.

http://www.collegeboard.com/student/testing/sat/scores/understanding/average.html 

So really, everybody on here is above average? Even the ones who regularly can't spell? Really?

I doubt it.

Currently playing: Civ 6

cdude1034 said:

So really, everybody on here is above average? Even the ones who regularly can't spell? Really?

I doubt it.

Besides the fact that the test now has 3 categories, I'm not sure if the difficulty level has increased or decreased over time.  I took it in 1996 and if I remember only 1 kid in the entire State scored a 1600 that year.  Now there are a dozen or so kids who get the equivalent of a perfect score and yet schools are allegedly crappy. 

I had a 620 Verbal and 660 Math that got me a good number of scholarship offers even though I didn't play any varsity sports or have an interesting ethnicity.

Bark said:
cdude1034 said:

I doubt it.

Besides the fact that the test now has 3 categories, I'm not sure if the difficulty level has increased or decreased over time. I took it in 1996 and if I remember only 1 kid in the entire State scored a 1600 that year. Now there are a dozen or so kids who get the equivalent of a perfect score and yet schools are allegedly crappy.

I had a 620 Verbal and 660 Math that got me a good number of scholarship offers even though I didn't play any varsity sports or have an interesting ethnicity.

I think the difficulty has decreased as a result of more people going to college.  As college has sort of become a requirement rather than a plus for many jobs out there, the vast majority of people end up going to college - many more than even 10 years ago.  And, for better or for worse, many of those people don't give a damn about learning things.  Thus SATs have probably gotten somewhat easier to keep the average where it's supposed to be.  I'd just be a little surprised if it was a great bell curve...

cdude1034 said:

So...so...you guys realize that the average score on the SAT's are from 1000-1100 right?

Actually, according to the college board (the people who come up with the test), it's 1017 total between the math and verbal.

http://www.collegeboard.com/student/testing/sat/scores/understanding/average.html

I doubt it.

Hardly everyone who posts on VG Chartz posts here, and I think a significant percentage of those people who can't spell a) aren't using FireFox and b) aren't from English speaking countries.

Also, as I said, I kind of hate this topic - it's a penis competition that just makes people who didn't score well feel bad.  (Which kind of makes me a jerk for posting mine)

1600 on the SAT back in 1999.

Didn't get me any scholarships though.

"Ho! Haha! Guard! Turn! Parry! Dodge! Spin! Ha! Thrust!" -- Daffy Duck