By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What is your SAT/ACT score?

Lingyis said:
any top 7th grader from china or russia should score easily 800 on SAT math.

it's so ridiculously easy it's not even funny, and just keeps getting easier. even the GRE math is ridiculously easy.

this just begs to be brought up in any SAT thread. and then the discussion goes into how education systems differ... the US system is probably still superior, in any case.

I really doubt that unless they're teaching Geometry in sixth grade to most students.  You really need a solid foundation in Geometry to do 700+ and have your basic Algebra skills refined like mad to consistently get 800s.  I was two years ahead of grade level and took Geometry in the eigth grade.  I'm finding it very unrealistic for a non prodigy/autistic (gifted in math, of course) child to do that well on the SAT.

Around the Network

I didn't take Geometry until 8th grade either, I still managed a 710 in math a year earlier on the SAT. It's mostly algebra skills, the questions I missed weren't Geometry-related, they were quadratics, which we hadn't gotten to yet in Algebra. Of course, the 2007 math portion may be vastly different from the 1994.

I'm good at math, but I'm no super genius. Still, I could have aced the math section in 7th grade with a few hours of tutoring in factoring, completing the square, and the quadratic formula.

PSAT was 225 (80 math, 70 verbal, 75 writing) and national merit scholar.
SAT 1550 (800 math 750 verbal no writing part...800 on sat2 writing test)
GRE 1510 (800 math 710 verbal writing 5/5)

Entroper said:
I didn't take Geometry until 8th grade either, I still managed a 710 in math a year earlier on the SAT. It's mostly algebra skills, the questions I missed weren't Geometry-related, they were quadratics, which we hadn't gotten to yet in Algebra. Of course, the 2007 math portion may be vastly different from the 1994.

I'm good at math, but I'm no super genius. Still, I could have aced the math section in 7th grade with a few hours of tutoring in factoring, completing the square, and the quadratic formula.

Are you serious?  There's tons of Geometry, currently.  There's stuff dealing with angles, sides, etc.  I actually did better on the English portion of the SAT in 7th because of the Geometry (and got an 800 as a sophmore).

I got a 1350 on the 1600 scale of the SAT, back in '01 or something like that. I don't remember my ACT score.

There's some smart peoples on here :)

Around the Network
tarheel91 said:
Bursche said:
I took the SAT in 7th with a 1100 i think.

Last year I took the New SAT and got a 1900. (620 Writing, 640 math, 640 lit)

Im taking it again next saturday. (BTW 1900 is really good for first time :D)

I also got a 195 on my PSAT, if i had gotten a 200 i wouldve been a national merit scholar :(

I'm finding that hard to believe. To get SAT scores from the PSAT, you simply multiply times 10. A 2000/2400 would be proportional to a 1330. This is no way top .5% calliber. My 2080 as a freshman didn't crack the top .5% (2200 did) so I definitely don't think your 1950 did.

I was at 95% for my PSAT. 96% and higher get at least Semi National Merit scholar which I meant. I calculated it out and i neeed at least 5 more on my PSAT to crack that 1%.

Brawl FC: 4382-1668-1880
Name:Brsch

Animal Crossing City Folk

FC: 2492-8227-9090           Town: McAwesom          Name: Gary

Add me and send me a PM with your FC!

Given the scores on here, we should have some intelligent dialogue ...
except for fanboys/fangirls. 8*>

I am somewhat of a piker compared to many here now.

1420 on SAT ... back in 1981 (11th grade -- 680 v, 740 m).
1350 on GRE ... back in 1987 (working for newspaper -- 600 v, 750 m)

That being said, I didn't do too badly.

Michael Dougherty, Ph.D. 8*>

Currently playing: Super Paper Mario (Wii), Dragon Quest VIII (PS2), Burnout Revenge (Xbox).

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

O yeah, I forgot about the PSAT. 217 and I got National Merit.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

I always feel these tests are so bull. To me, I just feel that as long as you crammed enough, you'll be ok.

SAT 1480/1600
GMAT 690/800 and 6/6
no ACT taken.

Currently loving my Wii x2, Xbox 360 Pro & Xbox 360 Arcade, and Final Fantasy 7 Advent Children Limited "Cloud Black" 160GB PS3

GAMEFLY & GOOZEX FTW

we don't have SAT or ACT here in Australia. I tend to agree with the thinking that one test shouldn't determine so much. When I finished high school my TER was 97.65
That's a percentile so the number is slightly more meaningful that the seemingly random SAT scores you guys are showing.

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!