By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What is your SAT/ACT score?

Non Sequor said:
1600 on the SAT back in 1999.

Didn't get me any scholarships though.

I'm calling BS on this one.

I got a 1390/1600 and I recieved partial scholarship offers from schools left and right. Keep in mind I'm also a middle-class white guy.

So if you really got a 1600, you'd be contacted with scholarship offers like you were a Wii at christmas.

Currently playing: Civ 6

Around the Network

Well I dont know if the new SAT is harder or not, but the added section makes it fairer I think. I got a relatively low score on the Essay which is like 50% of the writing portion, i think i got a 7? out 12, and still got a 620 for writing.

But what is BS is that most people tell me that they dont read the content as much as length in the essay which is crap.

It doesnt matter, i could stay iwth my 1900 and witha ll my extracurriculars and GPA (4.8 by end of year) I can get a full ride in Florida.

Brawl FC: 4382-1668-1880
Name:Brsch

Animal Crossing City Folk

FC: 2492-8227-9090           Town: McAwesom          Name: Gary

Add me and send me a PM with your FC!

cdude1034 said:
Non Sequor said:
1600 on the SAT back in 1999.

Didn't get me any scholarships though.

I'm calling BS on this one.

I got a 1390/1600 and I recieved partial scholarship offers from schools left and right. Keep in mind I'm also a middle-class white guy.

So if you really got a 1600, you'd be contacted with scholarship offers like you were a Wii at christmas.

It's true. I had a lot of awards from academic competitions too.

I didn't really shop around though. I had my mind set on Georgia Tech and they wouldn't give me any scholarships. I'm told that what kept me from getting scholarships is that my grades weren't quite perfect and I didn't have any fluff community service or "leadership roles" on my resume.

"Ho! Haha! Guard! Turn! Parry! Dodge! Spin! Ha! Thrust!" -- Daffy Duck
shams said:
omgwtfbbq said:
we don't have SAT or ACT here in Australia. I tend to agree with the thinking that one test shouldn't determine so much. When I finished high school my TER was 97.65
That's a percentile so the number is slightly more meaningful that the seemingly random SAT scores you guys are showing.

You beat me - I only managed 94.1% - the median score for my year.

(if only I didn't have to do agriculture... I could have picked up 4u maths, and would have ended up around 97% I think. And I was never impressed that computer studies were brought in the year *after* I finished...).

You didn't miss out on anything. I did two computer subjects (Info Processing and Management and Information Systems). They turned out to be my two worst subjects (even worse than English) and now I'm finishing my degree in Computer Systems Engineering/Computer Science.

The computer subjects in VCE were crap. Although they're probably better than Agriculture...

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!