By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

It's really just detecting patterns with circles, squares, and triangles...measuring your ability to detect patterns or anomalies...it seems very dated and useless to me.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

Bush is said to have a 125-130 IQ.  Take that for what you will when assessing yourself...

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

For the record, IQ averages should be 100. Seeing as that's what IQ is. A bell curve of scores with 100 being the average. I don't think we have that worldwide...

And Online tests? Mean nothing. I score poorly on word problems or quick memory but amazingly well on math or shapes, so my results will be skewed according to how proportional they both are. Plus in the psychology field, you've got researchers touting differnet types of IQ. Hate them for it.

In grade 5 though, my teacher thought I was mentally retarded so had me take one. Turns out I wasn't. I think. The school refused to tell me.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

On tickle I got 154 I think but that really doesnt mean much, I don't really trust online tests.

I definitely agree IQ tests are worthless. Just because you can do well on an IQ test doesn't mean you aren't a complete jackass. Online ones in particular are pretty generous (has anyone ever told you they scored 100 or lower on one of these things?) and aren't given in a controlled environment which opens the floodgate to a ton of problems.

I could spend two days with someone and tell you how smart they are better than an IQ test could.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Around the Network
BenKenobi88 said:
It's really just detecting patterns with circles, squares, and triangles...measuring your ability to detect patterns or anomalies...it seems very dated and useless to me.

By that reasoning it would mean that gamers should have a higher IQ because so many games are based on pattern detecting and solveing.  We train ourselves for higher IQ's buy playing video games.

@ Astrodust )

I'm probably in your range aswell.

I find it strange that everyone gets an IQ of 125+ even though the average is around 100. Guess everyone is above average except for Joe. Or, perhaps hi IQ and aspergers sydrome is the common denominator with video gamers

I guess I have 131+ something since I did pretty good on some Mensa tests, anyway, it doesn't say a shit about anything of your RL capabilities in anything else than arranging obscure patterns.

Beware, I live!
I am Sinistar!
Beware, coward!
I hunger!
Roaaaaaaaaaar!

At least 62 million Wii sold by the end of 09 or my mario avatar will get sad

SAT and ACTs are better measurements of intelligence...they're much more rounded.

And I'd guess that a majority of people on this site are above 100...simply because they're gamers looking up sales stats, something that a hick in the country doesn't do...I assume.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

I'm a polymath, able to do calculus for fun during a lunch break. I do cliff diving, parachuting from skyscrapers, and teach monkeys sign language. I can speak arabic, chinese, spanish, etc you name it.

I'm a armchair neuroscientist, an armchair analyst (industry: gaming), a foodie, a conneseur of fine cigars and good wines.