By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 3 Brand NEW Forza 3 screenshots.

axumblade said:

I thought you could use the Xbox Live Camera to import images to the car for some reason.

Not as far as I remember. 

This is by the way one thing everywanted to know they didn't talk at all, in Forza 2 the liveries were low rez textures and looked sort of fuzzy. They didn't say a word about the issue on Forza 3.

@NJ5: photomode. They've got a video straight off replays at forza's website if you are interested.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Around the Network

what do you mean screenshots these look like real life to me

@Bitmap Frogs: I watched the videos on the site, they look great.

But what's with the car going suddenly turning around and going into reverse without losing speed, in between two other cars? That was just weird!

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

jwaslopez2 said:

what do you mean screenshots these look like real life to me

Bitmap Frogs said:

Aw gosh, you still don't get it.

"Native" 1080p has no meaning. The standard is a delivery standard, it isn't concerned about how the image was created, it's only concerned on how it's delivered. A Game Boy attached to an upscaler is as much a valid 1080p source as is a blue-ray source.

Technically speaking, 1280x1080 non-square pixels (which is what GT5 renders to) doesn't fit any HD standard. It isn't "natively" 1080p, if anything it's "natively between 720p and 1080p". And that's between periods because "native HD" is a term I've only seen used on fanboy warz, no one in the industry uses it. We refer to it as "full raster" and 1280x1080 stretched pixels is not "full raster 1080p". It's an intermediate pathway probably chosen by PD because vertical resolution matters a lot in cockpit view where the dash eats a chunk of the screen - given how much cockpits was one of GT5 stellar features, it's within the realm of the probable they optimized the game towards it.

Sounds technical.

Are you saying GT5P is not 1080p by definition?
The ITU source you provided said otherwise.

Around the Network

@ jwaslopez

Lol, I know you were kidding. I was just checking that I knew how to post pics in a thread

Get a grip people. The pissing contest is over - all current gen hardware can render fantastic looking cars, so there is no more "XXX looks better than YYY"!

Pick your game based on console of choice and .... enjoy it!

(PS: MS seem to be out to nullify every possible big game/announcement Sony have - been their strategy since day#1 really)

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

kanariya said:
Bitmap Frogs said:

Aw gosh, you still don't get it.

"Native" 1080p has no meaning. The standard is a delivery standard, it isn't concerned about how the image was created, it's only concerned on how it's delivered. A Game Boy attached to an upscaler is as much a valid 1080p source as is a blue-ray source.

Technically speaking, 1280x1080 non-square pixels (which is what GT5 renders to) doesn't fit any HD standard. It isn't "natively" 1080p, if anything it's "natively between 720p and 1080p". And that's between periods because "native HD" is a term I've only seen used on fanboy warz, no one in the industry uses it. We refer to it as "full raster" and 1280x1080 stretched pixels is not "full raster 1080p". It's an intermediate pathway probably chosen by PD because vertical resolution matters a lot in cockpit view where the dash eats a chunk of the screen - given how much cockpits was one of GT5 stellar features, it's within the realm of the probable they optimized the game towards it.

Sounds technical.

Sigh, this would be easier to teach if you weren't obsessed in attempting to score the 1080p buzzword for GT5. 

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Bitmap Frogs said:
kanariya said:

Sounds technical.

Sigh, this would be easier to teach if you weren't obsessed in attempting to score the 1080p buzzword for GT5. 

Well, maybe it's easier for you if you take it as a yes or no question.

kanariya said:
Bitmap Frogs said:
kanariya said:

Sounds technical.

Well, maybe it's easier for you if you take it as a yes or no question.

There's no point arguing with you, Kanariya. You've been spamming Forza 3 threads ever since the conference.

If you want to oh so believe GT5 is 1080p so your three year wait has a meaning, so be it.

By the way, you won't catch me that way - you've switched your use of 1080p between "native" and ITU definition.

But yes, GT5 is as much 1080p as is Forza 2, Forza 3 and basically anything upscaled to 1080p, including a Genesis running Sonic. But it's not "full raster" and never will be.